Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Prestige Camera....BAD!!!!

I hope my experience with KEH will be a good one.

Just stumbled across this link . thought you might enjoy it.
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0180.htm

Thumbs down Re: Prestige Camera....BAD!!!!

i happened to experience some suspicious ordering dilemma myself, when i have created an account including credit card info and placed the order, on the next page i was directed to select item and when i clicked on the shopping cart it shows the camera still in the shopping cart, but when i click on checkout, it prompts me to sign in, when i enter my info to sign in, it says info you've entered not found in the system. i immediately emailed them to inquire additional info about their questionable site security. nevertheless, what i am really trying to imply to, is that we the consumers need to learn how to refer our discontentment to their attention, by filing complains with Better Business Bureau Services. BBB services will take adequate actions against the company. every time time a company pisses me off, i immediately refer to BBB services. in couple weeks the company calls me and apologizes, additionally offering me their products. in 2008 i got free iphone bluetooth from Apple, a $50 check from AT&T, a free Gargoyles sunglasses from Gargoyles, and more. the reason the companies are apologetic because they know that BBB services is an official agency that keeps the public rating records for those companies. something similar to credit reporting agency. if you are concerned about your credit history and scores, so do the companies. if Prestige Camera tends to upset me with their lousy business, i will file complain with BBB Services.

Re: Prestige Camera....BAD!!!!/ me too, horrible experience

i, too, had a terrible experience with these people. they are truely ugly when you refuse to buy in to their accessorizing and upgrading. when i was trying to find out why my camera for my upcoming trip had been so delayed, i was frustrated and said 'oh my god' a few times... the person at prestige said "god can't help you now."

i would urge people to do all possible to be sure that this company doesn't survive. it's unacceptable and disgusting that they can get away with it.

Trust me, DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES from Prestige Camera.com or it's affiliates:
    A&M Photo World (amphotoworld.com)
    * Best Camera
    * Broadway Photo (bwayphoto.com)
    * BuyERetail (buyeretail.com)
    * Camera Addict (cameraaddict.com)
    * Cameratopia (cameratopia.com)
    * Digital Liquidators LLC (digitalliquidators.com)
    * Ghu, LLC
    * Millenium Camera (milleniumcamera.com)
    * Preferred Photo (preferredphoto.com)
    * Prestige Camera (prestigecamera.com)
    * Quest4Cameras (quest4cameras.com and other similar names)
    * Regal Camera (regalcamera.com)
    * TheDigitalExpo (thedigitalexpo.com)
    * Tronicity (tronicity.com)
    * Wild Digital LLC (wilddigital.com)

Look who's advertising indirectly from this site! Not only is this camera not in stock as they claim but you'll be lucky if you see it in a month. If you call, they'll put you on hold for ever, complain and they hang up!!! Try support or info emailing them, you'll get the same computer generated response.
    from www.everyprice.com
    Broadway Photo
    Trusted Seller
    Best Value
    $112.00
    Free shipping
    Stock: Yes In Stock

Top Service &
    Fast Shipping @
    Low Prices
    Prestige Camera
    Quality Seller
    $104.00
    Free shipping

Brand New w/Full USA Warranty
    Camera Addict
    Featured Seller
    $111.00
    Free shipping

Brand New with
    USA Warranty
    Same Day Shipping
    EveryPrice.com

Broadway Photo
    $112.00

Prestige Camera
    $104.00

Canon PowerShot A590IS 8MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom

You are probably talking about the ADS BY GOOGLE, these are not our ads. If you take a look at the sticky in this forum that gives the recommended sites and sites to avoid you will find these sites listed, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1WAYPHOTO.COM is prestigecamera.com.
    do not even think to buy something from this website.
    if you think they have the cheapest camera you are wrong.
    try buying from walmart,samsclub,bestbuy,circuitcity.
    believe me is cheaper.
    they never sell only camera and if you call them to confirm your order.......?
    guess what they gone sell you 4 batteries with the charger for 120$
    when you can find the best charger with best batteries for just 15$ max.
    so if you do not buy from them accessories they just send you a cancellation email
    like this

As per your request, this e-mail is confirming the cancellation of your order # 53685858.
    If your credit card has been charged and your order did not ship, your card will be refunded in full. Please allow 24 to 72 hours for the refund to be posted to your account.

Thank you for choosing Prestige Camera. Should you need any further assistance, please e-mail us at support@prestigecamera.com.

prestigecamera.com
    so one more time DO NOT BUY NOTHING FROM PRESTIGECAMERA.COM AND THERE AFFILIATES WEBSITES.

Wish I'd checked on Prestige Camera before ordering a Canon HF100. Agh. Their pitch to me was "Your camera does not come with any means to charge the battery." Wha-a-at!? "It's a Japanese model and you Have To purchase a charger - in fact, there are no cables with this one." I asked for a cancellation which was granted - along with a cancellation number. Called my credit card and so far there has been no charge.

What a disturbing incident!

Hope that I'm finished with them. Please, gawd.

Prestige Camera ir very bad! I ordered a garmin navigation system they advertized that on stock for about $530. They called that the address need to be verified and advised that the unit is not on stock however if i willing to pay $630 they can ship it within a week. I asked them to place the order on hold until I review and they sent back an email that order was canceled as I requested?!
    This is really inferior business practice wasting the customer time and so now i have to see if they charged my credit card.
    Peter.

How do these guys stay in business? I don't live in the US so I'm not sure here, is there not an official watchdog that can intervene in this companies affairs, they deserve to be closed down for malpractice

Oh my gosh! I am so scared! I bought a gps device online from the prestige camera website on the 14th. It is now the 19th and I still have not received a confirmtation email, nor has my card been charged.
    I got on the phone to talk to them about this... Well, 45 mins and 3 phone calls later I finally got thru to someone. This Edward guy tries to upsell me ( I prepared myself for this) and tells me that this item will 'most likely' ship today. How can it ship if my card hasn't even been charged. And... he was very rude! cutting me off when I was speaking.
    I have read all the complaints about this company, and I am worried I may not receive the right device, all of the parts, get Japanese instructions (which I asked about, and he said no, it's English), or it not working properly because it might be an older model. I really am nervous about this product.
    Any advice?

I'm not sure if you can do this before your card is charged, but I would contact the customer service department of your credit card and explain the situation to them. Tell them that you're afraid that you're being ripped off so you want to know if there's anyway that they can cancel the purchase by rejecting the charges once they come in. If they can't do that, then you will most likely have to wait until you receive the item and if it's not as described, then you can request a credit from your card company.

Keep in mind though that most of these shady dealers operate under more than one company name so even if your card company rejects the charges from one of the company names, they might try to charge your credit card under a different name.

I want to start by saying that I have never wrote on one of these site, because I have never had a bad experience, and I order a lot of merchandise on the internet, but this is the worst company I have ever used. I ordered the Panasonic Lumix TZ 5, and as everyone else I received the call that they had a question about my order, they tried to convience me that the battery that comes with the camera is only a 20 min battery, when you try to ask questions they rush you off the phone, I tried to check on line about the battery I couldn't really find the answers. I ended up adding an extra battery, an upgraded memory card and insurance for my camera for $80. When I received my camera all I received was the camera in the original box, and a charge of $19.99 for handling and insurance this is on an order with free shipping and handling. When I called they said, this is the upgraded battery, and there is no record of a memory card and all merchandise is charged insurance, you have to open up some special boxes on your order and it is written somewhere. After sometime they agreed to send a $5 memory card out for free. I then read the book with the camera and the included battery with the camera is the one I got and checked it out at the store it is the same battery I got. I called them again and got a story that the camera they ship is not a USA camera and therefore it is not the same battery that comes with it and you have to upgrade it, the battery they sent costs $9.95 on line. So all in all they charged me an extra $80 for a $5 memory card and will not do anything about it, if I return it I am out the $20 free shipping and probably a restrocking fee. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE THEY ARE BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not nice to talk with they are nasty on the phone.

I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who shared your experiences here. I am so glad that I read them before ordering. I was so tempted to place an order with prestigecamera for a SONY handycam becasue their price was more than $60 less than amazon.com. Actually I got little suspicious as to why their price is so less and decided to check any reviews available for prestigecamera and I found this forum. Obviously after reading all these reviews I am not going to give them my business I will rather pay $60 more to buy from amazon.

I Got Ripped Off by Prestige Camera

Boy, oh Boy! I wish I read this forum before ordering my Canon G10 for $351 from Prestige. I got a call two days later offering me an 'additional extra large battery and additional AC charger' for $128.00.

When the camera came, it arrived with an invoice for $598.99. The contents had been opened. There was no extra battery or AC charger, just what was supposed to be in the box.

The warranty asks for 'Province" not State so I called Canon. It is grey market from Canada. I was told that it would be up to Canon's discretion if they were to cover the warranty.

So far, the camera works - and is totally wonderful.

Perhaps if everyone filed a complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). They would be put out of business. I am also filing with the New York State Attorney General and Brooklyn equivalent.

http://complaint.ic3.gov

Thumbs down Prestige Camera is a SCAM! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

I am not one who usually does this but I felt I needed to in order to try and warn those who might think it is wise to buy from these people. The warning messages from others below are TRUE! I, like you, was tempted by the really low prices they were offering, but that is just a scam to get you in the door. They will call you to "verify" the order and try to sell you other stuff....mostly accessories at an inflated price so that in the end you would have spent more than if you went to Broadway Photo (their competitor and who is honest!). When you deny their accessories they then tell you that the product you are buying isn't a US product and if you want the US product (markings on the camera and the manual in English) than it will cost more...much more...more than Broadway Photo would have charged! After you deny this they politely say, "bye" and then send you an e-mail the next day saying that the product is no longer in stock. They are a scam! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE! The postings that say they are OK are probably people who work for them!

Re: Prestige Camera is a SCAM! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Boyea
    I am not one who usually does this but I felt I needed to in order to try and warn those who might think it is wise to buy from these people. The warning messages from others below are TRUE! I, like you, was tempted by the really low prices they were offering, but that is just a scam to get you in the door. They will call you to "verify" the order and try to sell you other stuff....mostly accessories at an inflated price so that in the end you would have spent more than if you went to Broadway Photo (their competitor and who is honest!). When you deny their accessories they then tell you that the product you are buying isn't a US product and if you want the US product (markings on the camera and the manual in English) than it will cost more...much more...more than Broadway Photo would have charged! After you deny this they politely say, "bye" and then send you an e-mail the next day saying that the product is no longer in stock. They are a scam! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE! The postings that say they are OK are probably people who work for them!

Broadway Photo / A&M Photo World, Regal Camera, Prestige Camera, Preferred Photo, Royal Camera are just some of the different names of the same company. They have probably the worst rating of anyone on the Internet. The amount of stories about members having bad problems with these people could fill a book. As per members comments of this forum I would recommend staying as far away from these sites as you can, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OMG I just ordered a camera from them and I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! I'm really scared now, what should I do? Anyway to cancel the order? T-T

Quote Originally Posted by CrazStar
    OMG I just ordered a camera from them and I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! I'm really scared now, what should I do? Anyway to cancel the order? T-T
    You might want to contact your credit card company and see if you can put a stop to the charge, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    You might want to contact your credit card company and see if you can put a stop to the charge, Jeff
    Well I actually paid using my debit card (so stupid of me >.<) and I called my bank yesterday to say I lost my card and I'm thinking they'll send me a new one? So I hope that can solve the problem...will it?

Well I actually paid using my debit card (so stupid of me >.<) and I called my bank yesterday to say I lost my card and I'm thinking they'll send me a new one? So I hope that can solve the problem...will it?

Just depends on whether you reported it before they tried to put the charge on it or not. I would check with your bank to see if you reported it in time before they had a chance to run the bill through. If you talked to your bank first and got the card deleted you are probably safe , but I would definitly check with them so you know for sure and are not in dought about it. They are the only people that can say for sure one way or the other, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Just depends on whether you reported it before they tried to put the charge on it or not. I would check with your bank to see if you reported it in time before they had a chance to run the bill through. If you talked to your bank first and got the card deleted you are probably safe , but I would definitly check with them so you know for sure and are not in dought about it. They are the only people that can say for sure one way or the other, Jeff
    I reported the same day I ordered and the lady said my account was "closed" and a new card will be sent. I checked several times on my account to see if anything was different but so far nothing so I hope that's solved.

I reported the same day I ordered and the lady said my account was "closed" and a new card will be sent. I checked several times on my account to see if anything was different but so far nothing so I hope that's solved.

Sounds like it is going to work out just fine for you. Before ordering anything else be sure and check out the "Camera Dealer feedback Forum". Ordering from one of the recommended sites does not guarantee a perfect purchase but it does increase to odds by a large margin. Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Jeff

Here's my story about this terrible retailer.

I was buying a 50" plasma TV. I ordered online, paid, and jumped through all the normal hoops. Two days later they sent me an email saying they needed to verify my delivery and billing info and gave me a number to call. So I call them and confirmed the delivery address and such. Then they said, oh by the way, this unit doesn't come with a pedestal stand, would you like to buy one? I said "you mean this TV doesn't come with a stand? They said no, and then offered me a stand that was "on sale today for $299", and would I like to add it to my order. I said no! I asked them to cancel my order until I can figure out what I want to do. They said they would "suspend" my order until I get back with them. I said fine and hung up.

Next, I researched on the internet about the stands for this model TV. I found that all other retailers I checked with said the unit comes with the stand and it is included in the box.

So, I call Prestige Camera back and ask them why the tv doesn't include a stand when I buy it from them. He responded that the TV I ordered is on back order for up to 4 weeks. I said that's not what I asked, and asked him if he listened to my question. He said, Oh, I'm sorry what was your question again? I asked again why the stand isn't included when I buy this TV from them. They responded that "if you buy the TV from Samsung, it is included." Clearly at this point he was beating around the bush so I said "so you guys remove the stand from the packaging and sell it at an additional cost? He responded that "this is correct."
    I was appalled and told him to cancel my order permanently and that I don't do business with such retailers.

The audacity of these scum bags to operate like this is disturbing. BEWARE!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information