Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Holocaust Memorial

This is the Holocaust Memorial in Boston, Massachusetts. I'm thinking of going back and doing a night series, when the glass towers are lit up.

More info can be found here: http://www.nehm.org/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Holocaust Memorial-holocaust-4_small.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel
    This is the Holocaust Memorial in Boston, Massachusetts. I'm thinking of going back and doing a night series, when the glass towers are lit up.

More info can be found here: http://www.nehm.org/
    A fellow Bostonite! I've thought many times about shooting the memorial, but haven't fit it in yet. It's on my list, however.

About the shot, I'm sorry to say, but this particular shot doesn't quite do it for me. In person, the columns are very stark and stunning, and I think that's what you were going for here. Maybe a night shoot would bring more ambience in this way, especially with the cool steam. Maybe B&W also. Perhaps, move your angle more towards one of the glass walls, so that you're looking almost straight up, but capturing mostly the opposing wall to where you're standing. I've always thought that highlighting the numbers against the sky would be an interesting contrast. Hope this helps.

Keep posting pics of boston, as you take them. I would like to see other posters showing pics of this great town.

-Stew

I'm actually from Western Mass., but I've got lots of family in Boston. I try to take photos every time I go to the city, but I've yet to get any with my SLR (all of them have been taken with my cheap digital, which offers almost no control over photo composition).

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    Now now, dont go blaming your tools, young man.This is a good attempt at showing the starkness of angles against the sky.Only it is hard to say if it is a tower or lying on its side.Bit of cloud needed to sort that out.
    Bobby

This is a very interesting picture, says alot, very creative i have one similar, its just an tralouse i dont think i spelled that right but very very cool,

Thread Information