Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

How do I open a Casio Exilim p505 - $30 reward if you tell me how.

I would like to add an external microphone to my Casio Exilim p505 but I can not get the main part of the case open. I can only open it this much

I am offering a $30 reward to anyone who can provide information that leads to the opening of my Casion Exilim p505 (without breaking it) at the following forum, where I explain the things I have tried so far
    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...87&forum_id=14

I can only pay by paypal or other feeless method.

Tim
    Last edited by timtak; 02-23-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Re: How do I open a Casio Exilim p505 - $30 reward if you tell me how.

ive played with digital cameras, there are tabs inside of most cases that require you to pop them outwards before the unit will seperate.

im not sure if yours has tabs inside, but its a likely possibility.

take a flat screw driver and run it around the edges of the casing.. be careful as to not tear any ribbon cables, they are hard to replace..

good luck
    Canon EOS 350D
    6gb Hitachi Microdrive
    Canon 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6
    Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM
    http://napalm-fire.deviantart.com/

look for screws UNDER the stickers

Richard King

www.nottspcservices.co.uk

i read the other thread on the link he gave, he already checked all the stickers.. :-P

**and being that he only has 1 post from 2-23-06, i dont think he'll be back for a while..
    Canon EOS 350D
    6gb Hitachi Microdrive
    Canon 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6
    Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM
    http://napalm-fire.deviantart.com/

mmm but there are 2 stikers there that defo. have not been removed

Richard King

www.nottspcservices.co.uk

I have decided to send the camera to Casio's Hiroshima repair centre to have them open it for me so my offer is closed. Since I am entrusting it to them, I don't think that I am going to find out how it is done.

But before I do I will check for the tabs that Rebel King suggests and get back to you if it works but otherwise, I will entrust the camera to Casio.

I have tried under all the removable stickers .. Thank you Harry.

The guy at Casio said that it should be easy to open the back from the right hand side (I can open only the left) after removing only 6 screws.

I am sorry I missed the responses here. I forgot to subscribe. It is probably in breach of netiquette to suggest that kind readers respond to the other forum.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Tim

Dear RebelXT-WH2CYK

I owe you $15.

I think $15 is fair (while a pittance) since the information that lead to the opening of my camera was half from the Casio repair man. He said that the camera must be open from the right hand side. The right hand side was the side that was difficult to open so I had not really tried that before.

The reason being, that there are not exactly tabs but long spurs that connect with the screws on the side/front of the case. In order that these spurs be disenganged from the body, they must be swung out in a door like motion, with the hinge on the left side. While theses spurs are not what I would call tabs (there are some tabs on the left hand side but I had already overcome these) they might be called tabs, and anyway it was partly your suggestion that I try again that encouraged me to do so.

So please send me your paypal address or the name of a charity you would like me to donate to, if you have time or the inclination.

Thanks

I have managed to get the microphone wires outside of the case. I have ordered a four pin jack plug and socket from an online store. I plan to use the tiny microphones that were inside the flash on the end of a pole of some sort.
    Tim

And now it is working, with an external microphone, just about, thanks to RebelXT-WH2CYK. Please see the other forum mentioned above. I have not had any contact regarding where I should send the donation though.

Thread Information