Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Can't find a Sekonic 308B meter - help!

I am new and have learned so much from the Studio & Lighting forum!! After reading so many recommendations for the Sekonic 308B light meter I cannot find one anywhere in my state! Does anyone have suggestions for where I could purchase on of these meters?Should I move up to the Sekonic L358?

Thank you!

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Can't find a Sekonic 308B meter - help!

I have the L358 and love it. Very accurate and affordable.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Second vote for the L358. It can be used with Pocket Wizards if you ever get to the point that you need wireless slaves for your lights, too. There's a 1-degree spot meter attachment for it too.

B&H Photo in NYC is a really nice place to deal with. I bought mine used from another member here, but I part with a lot of cash at B&H. If you go to the "Shop" area of this site (button at the top right of the page), look for a link to B&H. If you do it that way (purchasing thru that link) then this website gets a little credit for it, and it won't cost you anything extra.

If you have some time, there are specials once in awhile on Sekonic products - usually 10% off.

I got mine L358 at ebay for a little over two hundred and it work like a champ

Quote Originally Posted by JTcooper
    I got mine L358 at ebay for a little over two hundred and it work like a champ
    You've sold me! I will go for the L358. I want the capability to use it with the pocketwizard later.... thanks!

Thread Information