Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Vuescan and Monaco EZ problems...

I finally bit the bullet and bought the Optix/MonacoEZ bundle yesterday. However, I am getting odd results when scanning out of Vuescan. Before using EZ Color, the scans out of Vuescan were very nice. Beautiful colors. However, now they are sometimes washed out or the contrast is all wonky. I figured it had something to do with the settings in the Color Tab of VueScan. So I'd figure I just turn off all color correction in Vuescan and apply profies in Photoshop. Unfortunately, the colors are still WAY off. Am I missing something? Does anyone else use Vuescan with Monaco EZ?

Re: Vuescan and Monaco EZ problems...

I don't use Vuescan but do use Monaco XR (monitor only) but the scanning software shouldn't make a difference. A couple of guesses:

First off, is there anything else that's changed to your system other than Monaco?

When you run Monaco, the light in the room needs to match the light that you're working in. This includes all artificial lighting as well as daylight (i.e. if you have strong natural light when you calibrate, but work at night then you'll have a difference).

Are your color spaces the same throughout your workflow?

Thread Information