Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>
    GB1

Lightbulb Welcome to the Software and Post Processing Forum

Welcome.

I don't like post processing. I prefer to be in the field shooting.

Actually, I do think that editing maybe two or three images, so to create something really spectacular, can be fun. I just don't want to spend all day doing it. I've seen great digital editing wizes knock something out in 15 minutes that might take me eight hours. We all need to be at that advanced level.

It's hard to believe that only a few years ago film was still king. Along with digital cameras came the ability to own a darkroom right on a computer. Though fun and convenient, along with that came the need to learn which software to use, the best effects and processes, and since anything can be overdone, to know how far to take it.

This is where to ask questions regarding those techniques, tools and software, and to help each other out. Posting reviews is especially encouraged, as are opinions on your favorite techniques and effects.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Welcome to the Software and Post Processing Forum

I just joined the forum and am interested in help with downloading RAW images from my Olympus E-510, using the Photoshop Elements 5.0 software that I have.
    Thanks

GB1

Welcome Larry - While this may not be the ideal place to ask (the Help forum may be better ..), what problem are you having? You usually just connect a USB connector cable to both your camera and computer. The ideal way is to download them to your computer hard drive and then edit the ones now on your computer using Elements or another program that can read the native RAW files ........

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Elements uses a plug-in called the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in to convert Raw files. Periodicallly, the Camera Raw plug-in needs to be updated to encompass newer models of cameras, and their associated Raw file formats. Photoshop Elements 5.0 shipped with Adobe Camera Raw 4.0 installed, but support for the E-500 didn't start until v4.2. It's likely that if you've never updated the Camera Raw plug-in, that could be your entire problem.

The version of Camera Raw that you're looking for can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3730

You'll find the download link at the bottom of the page. I'm on a Mac, so probably can't be much help in telling you the procedure for installing the plug-in on a Windows machine. (I assume you use Windows as Elements 5.0 was never Mac compatible). As I remember though, it was a pretty painless process on my Mac.

Welcome to the forums. I hope this helps you.

- Joe U.
    Last edited by Medley; 07-30-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Hi all, I am a newbie to the site, and although I have had Digi cameras since they came onto the market, I am looking forwards to learning lots of things from the members.
    Regards Robert.

Red face Re: Welcome to the Software and Post Processing Forum

Hi, I'm newbie. I want to know something new about NX2 and NEF for backup camera D200. Thanks for help from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by thaipk View Post
    Hi, I'm newbie. I want to know something new about NX2 and NEF for backup camera D200. Thanks for help from everyone.
    Make a new post (outside the welcome thread) and give specific details of what you want to know. Make sure it's not something that is covered in the Nikon manuals available on Internet
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Hi, im new, and i want to know about Photoshop CC feature, Camera Shake Reduction, how it works?

Photoshop is the best image editor in the world.
    Its CC feature will help you have your updates at one place available as soon as they are released.
    Camera Shake feature is one of the best tools. I don't want to go in much but jut want to say that this feature uses deep algorithms to make your photo as if it was shot steadily. You can see the tutorials easily on YouTube.
    - Rishit Shah

A great benefit of modern digital cameras is the delete button which deletes photos using tap or click. The delete button lets you to decide which pictures you want to save. This feature is also risky, because only single mistake can misplace whole stored pictures in few seconds from memory card. Suppose, you delete a picture by chance, can you recover or restore the deleted image file simply on modern digital cameras ? Yeah it is possible. So I am going to give solution about some handy software which can recover or restore the deleted pictures from a digital camera.

Thanks for the complete information

I would like to know which is an ultimate for photo editions..?? And I have a plan of buying new camera what are feature I need to choose in it..?

Red face Indian Wedding Photographer

HI

Iqphoto provides best indian wedding photography and San Francisco based South Asian Indian Wedding Photography Studio. Available for worldwide travel.

is their any camera company which can provide free photo editing software with the camera...?
    android, technology, internet, software, download, how to, windows.

thanks for your infomation

Photographer and Graphic Designer

You are also welcome, I am a graphic designer and doing my photo editing task all over the world almost 260 clients.

If anyone anytime needs any help for photo editing then just hit me up via my website. I am 24X7 available and will be great full to help you.

My Website

Hi, Here is a great resource about Adobe Photoshop CC New features. This can help you to find all of your answers.
    Chief Graphic Designer & Photographer @Clipping Solutions

Thread Information