PS elements 7

Printable View

• 01-09-2009, 01:07 PM
    Dylan8i
    PS elements 7
    So Im probably going to be purchasing a photo editing software soon, due to a number of reasons. I can;t afford the full photoshop, so ive decided on elements.

but my question is, how long has PSelements 7 been out, and is it going to be replaced soon?

obviously i'd wait for the new version if one is suppose to come out, as money is pretty tight right now.
  • 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
    Cathathome
    Re: PS elements 7
    PSE7 is the current and most recent version. I can't remember when it was released, but I think it was not all that long ago. As to when it will be replaced, who knows? (and does it really matter? If you like it, there's no real reason to jump onto the next version as soon as it comes out.)

I'm still using pse5, and have only recently felt the pull of upgrading, but not necessarily to another version of Elements. Like you, I have a limited budget, so I'm exploring my options. Picture Window Pro is the current contender for my hard earned cash.

If you like the trial version of PSE7, and must upgrade, you could do worse :D

HTH,
  • 01-09-2009, 09:49 PM
    Ron Kruger
    Re: PS elements 7
    Hey Dylan,
    You can download a trial version of PSE 7, and I think most any similar software program and try it out for 30 days for free. I'm in the same shape: need to upgrade, but need new shoes as well. I'm currently testing PSE 7 and LightRoom 2.2. I used PSE 2 for years, so I'm familiar with how PSE 7 works, but I'm having some difficulties getting along with LightRoom 2.2.