Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Outsourcing Post Production- is it a good idea?

What Benefits? What Harm? Useful of Not?

GB1

Re: Outsourcing Post Production- is it a good idea?

I've never done it but have considered on several occasions.

Benefits:
    - speed: in theory, experts can work a lot faster than you
    - quality: and do many things you can't.
    - workflow: you can specialize on your shooting, not having to worry about post

Negatives:
    - they could steal your work and give it to anyone
    - they may not do it to your tastes, or as fast as you want
    - depending on who you hire, there could be communication issues
    - sometimes you see new possibilities as your process; a professional may only do what you say

I think if you use a local retoucher/post-processor whom you know, all would be OK. With someone over in India you have more variables, but also a cheaper price.

It would be interesting to hear your impressions if you give it a try!
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I completely agree, but don't you think that even if you give it to a local guy
    - They can also give it to anyone without your knowledge
    - Learning tastes and preferences are on the job process. Does it every happen that you get just perfect output in the first go? I think after 1-2 repetitions the wavelength starts matching. So, whether you give it to the local or outsource, it takes a little hand holding.
    - Well in regards with new possibilities - A standard process could be outsourced but I think if I have a new vision for an image , either I have to be doing it or would have to be standing next to the retoucher guiding through. This concept is possible if you hire someone or you do it yourself. either ways sending out can be a difficult option.

And with the kind of rates that are offered in India- It practically takes 5 images to train and develop according to custom needs. The cost is very little compared to the benefits one can reap.

What do you think?

“Outsourcing” is something you do with manufacturing a commodity.Something that’s replaceable, dispensable, inanimate and without a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by After Shoot View Post
    What Benefits? What Harm? Useful of Not?
    I dont think its harmful either if you can choose the perfect outsourcing company. So it is needed to see the reputation, authenticity before giving any job! And in case of stealing image till now I have not heard anyone stealing any picture. Yes they may use it as a portfolio work but with proper permission from the client. I am saying this from my own experience.

I dont think its harmful. I don`t think that they will steal your work. Most of such companies worry about thei reputation and future clients. But I completely agree with jamescooper. See the reputation, authenticity and customers’ feedback. If you dare to outsourcing maybe this article help you https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-2...ennifer-mulrow . She wrote a great article about wedding retouching companies.

I don't think its harmful. Just look for the company properly and then go for it.

As there are many outsourcing photo editing companies. Among them, you must choose the right one to be benefited. You can save your money, time with quality and many more. Just be careful to choose a professional editing company.

Thread Information