Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Lightroom 5 - BETA

I just installed it, and apart form an incompatible catalog format, it's looking remarkably like Lightroom 4.

I am not sure which, if any of the new features will be the one that makes me buy the upgrade.

• Advanced Healing Brush – Easily remove objects and fix defects—even those with irregular shapes such as threads or lint—with a single brush stroke. Take precise control over what's being removed as you make unwanted objects just disappear.
    • Upright – Straighten tilted images with a single click. Upright analyzes images and detects skewed horizontal or vertical lines. You choose one of four correction methods, and Upright can even straighten images where the horizon is hidden.
    • Radial Gradient – Lead your viewer's eye through your images with more flexibility and control. The radial gradient tool lets you create off-center vignette effects, or multiple vignette areas within a single image.
    • Offline editing with Smart Previews – Easily work with images without bringing your entire library with you. Just generate smaller stand-in files called Smart Previews. Make adjustments or metadata additions to Smart Previews and your changes will be automatically applied to the full-size originals later.
    • Video slideshow sharing – Easily share your work in elegant video slideshows. Combine still images, video clips, and music in creative HD videos that can be viewed on almost any computer or device.
    • Improved photo book creation – Create beautiful photo books from your images. Lightroom includes a variety of easy-to-use book templates, and now you can edit them to create a customized look. Upload your book for printing with just a few clicks.

I suspect the new Upright feature, and the improved healing brush.

What do you think?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

VSS

Re: Lightroom 5 - BETA

Paul

Played around a bit & will probably go for the final release, which is now out.

Final release will update catalogue but beta never has.

I have just installed the full version and am delighted with it. The Advanced healing brush truly is remarkable. Not tried thevothervfeatures yet, but oh boy that brush is good..

Oh and the final version does upgrade the catalogue.

Digibroadcast Co. Ltd.

I think with the help of above given reply... You solved your problem... Keep it up and enjoying....

Lightroom is cool

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom makes everything about digital photography easier, faster, and more organized.With the release of Lightroom 5, our goal was to add some highly-desired features that allow photographers to quickly process and enhance their images. We’ve added more robust healing options, the ability to create off-center vignettes, and a one-click auto perspective correction tool. We’ve also added the ability to edit photos when not connected to your original images.It a cool software to work with and easy access to its tools makes it more prominent for the users.

I tend to upgrade every 2 versions, it's not such a problem if you have CC ;)

My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

I'm currently using the free version of 5.5 but will probably buy the full version of 5 since I don't see the need for the whole Creative Cloud. Lightroom does everything I want it to since I just take pictures for fun as a hobby.

Thread Information