Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Adobe CS4 installation woes and other rantings

I have just lost nearly a day off my life over the last 4 days trying to get Adobe CS4 master collection installed. I was installing it on a completely new system and it just kept crashing. eventually I called adobe and they guided me through the process of uninstalling the software, cleaning the system from the failed installs (which requires the installation of its own application) turning absolutely everything but the bare essentials off and installing the program. We did a test install of photoshop and everything seems ok so I am now about halfway through installing the rest of the collection. Fingers crossed that this goes ahead without any hitches.

Incidentally I am installing it on a brand new shinny 'puter so I would have thought that there should be no conflicts with anything, but alas that was not to be. oh and why would I possibly want korean speach analysis packs installed (you can't turn any of the language packs off and no doubt they take up a lot of space)

I will be a very very happy man when this finishes.

Oh and the sunset at my work is just brilliant today, but did I bring my cameras?.... Can you tell that I am frustrated by the fact that it is late on a Friday night and I am stuck at work?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Adobe CS4 installation woes and other rantings

That sucks. I have CS4 Extended sitting on my desk, but I haven't installed it yet. I want to make sure I have all of my actions and everything saved before I do the instal in case I loose something from CS3. Hopefully I can get it all taken care of this weekend.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Adobe CS4 installation woes and other rantings

Hi Skyman, I'm considering buying Adobe CS4 Master collection. Your post on the installation problems are but one of many I saw on the internet. Did Adobe give you any pointers on what could have caused the problems?
    If I spend that much money on software, I can't afford to have it not functioning properly... Have you had any more problems since? Could you finish the install? Is everything working now?

Thread Information