Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Fatpaint.com - Free online painting and drawing graphics software and photo editor.

Introducing Fatpaint.com - A free full featured, online graphic design, painting and drawing software and photo editor. It has support for doing layered brush painting, vector drawing, photo editing, page layout and printing on Zazzle merchandise.

Fatpaint runs inside the browser and as far as I know, it's the only flash based graphic editor to fully support pressure sensitive pen tablets. I have seen most of the other online graphic programs, and in my opinion, Fatpaint is the best one for drawing, painting with brushes and for doing page layout.

Fatpaint has some features for doing color manipulation that can be used for retouching photos. So try and mess around with your photos in the editor and see what results you get. You can also print your photos on Zazzle merchandise from within the editor, just by pressing 1 button after doing your retouches.

I spent 5 years developing it and I would like to get some feedback from you, so any suggestions and ideas for improving the software would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

GB1

Re: Fatpaint.com - Free online painting and drawing graphics software and photo editor.

Marcanti - I just went to the page .. Seems pretty powerful. I see how to create a project and draw, but I don't immediately see how to load a JPG images, though there may be a way to do it. A few improvement suggestions...

- When you navigate to start using it, it wants you to log in, and isn't clear that you don't have to to use it. (the start button is up on the menu on the far left side...)

- The Flash is asking me if I know this person/site, so it's apparently trying to do something that's risky. I said No because it's hard to trust a site which you don't know. This could be a major issue with the app.

- Last but not least, though you may hate me for this I think it could use a better name!

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Fatpaint.com - Free online painting and drawing graphics software and photo editor.

GB1 - Thanks for spending some time cheking out Fatpaint.com and posting some suggestions...

On the front page of the site, there is a blue button "Start Now", no login is requiered when pressing that button to start the editor. Below the button, it clearly says "no registration required".

JPG and PNG Images can be added from the "Open Image" dialog window. There are 4 ways to open this window:

1. By pressing the "Add Images" button in the "Pages" panel.
    2. From the "File" menu and choosing "Add Images..".
    3. From the menu "Objects" -> "Add" -> "Image".
    4. By selecting the tool "Graphical Object Add", the last icon on the Tool panel. Then select the "Image" radio button and press "Add".

When the "Open Image" dialog shows up, choose the radio button "Open from your computer" and finally press "Select images" button. A dialog will show up where you can select an image from your local hard drive.

On the next release of Fatpaint, I will add a new entry to the "File" menu for opening local images, without the need for going through the "Open Image" dialog and pressing that radio button.

The security dialog that you are seeing, only shows up if you want to use pen tablets, search on wikimedia or use the optimized saving features. So by default, this dialog should not show up because the mentioned features are not enabled to begin with. It's Java that is requesting permission, not Flash. I use Java for some features not supported by Flash.

Fatpaint.com is the third and last name switch... The name was previously Mersica.com, and before that it was GfxEditor.com... These old names still work...

I was surprised that you don't like the name... You are the first not to like it... Everybody else thinks its a cool name, but as a great saying says... "Taste is a personal matter and cannot be discussed"
    Last edited by marcanti; 11-17-2010 at 02:58 PM.

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by marcanti
    GB1 - Thanks for spending some time cheking out Fatpaint.com and posting some suggestions...

On the front page of the site, there is a blue button "Start Now", no login is requiered when pressing that button to start the editor. Below the button, it clearly says "no registration required".

JPG and PNG Images can be added from the "Open Image" dialog window. There are 4 ways to open this window:

1. By pressing the "Add Images" button in the "Pages" panel.
    2. From the "File" menu and choosing "Add Images..".
    3. From the menu "Objects" -> "Add" -> "Image".
    4. By selecting the tool "Graphical Object Add", the last icon on the Tool panel. Then select the "Image" radio button and press "Add".

When the "Open Image" dialog shows up, choose the radio button "Open from your computer" and finally press "Select images" button. A dialog will show up where you can select an image from your local hard drive.

On the next release of Fatpaint, I will add a new entry to the "File" menu for opening local images, without the need for going through the "Open Image" dialog and pressing that radio button.

The security dialog that you are seeing, only shows up if you want to use pen tablets, search on wikimedia or use the optimized saving features. So by default, this dialog should not show up because the mentioned features are not enabled to begin with. It's Java that is requesting permission, not Flash. I use Java for some features not supported by Flash.

Fatpaint.com is the third and last name switch... The name was previously Mersica.com, and before that it was GfxEditor.com... These old names still work...

I was surprised that you don't like the name... You are the first not to like it... Everybody else thinks its a cool name, but as a great saying says... "Taste is a personal matter and cannot be discussed"
    marcanti - I did click the Start Now right above No Registration Required the first time, and it directed me to a login page upon which I had to select another button on the top left. It doesn't do that anymore, so maybe it now remembers that setting via a cookie.

I see the open images now in File .. Seems that should be at the top and not down near the bottom (the Open Projects stuff is at the top).

Yeah I guess it is a Java applet, I just assumed that Flash was now doing the same thing as Java. But the point remains: people will probably not trust an unknown site's applet that asks for permission to exceed the standard Java security restrictions. I know that this is very limiting for a developer (I'm one too), but to me this is a serious issue and maybe even a show-stopper (I wouldn't allow it -- would you?). Anyway, if it's only for an uncommonly-used feature maybe the show can go on. :mad2:

Hope this helps,

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

It's wierd that it did not work for you the first time you pressed the "Start Now" button... Never seem that problem before... It should have started the editor at the first press...

You are right, I'll move the "Add images" higher up in the File menu.

As you have seen, the app works fine even though you did'nt accept the security dialog... But hopefully with time, and after being reviwed by some prominent websites, news magazines etc., people will trust allowing Fatpaint.com access to local resources.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: Fatpaint.com - Free online painting and drawing graphics software and photo edito

Now its possible to use Fatpaint for creating ray traced 3D logo design.

It is the first time ever it is possible to create this kind of graphics online. Go and try making your own now!

Re: We have launched an online video maker

We have launched an online video maker at https://www.makewebvideo.com for creating business commercial videos.

Now in 2018 we are working on the next generation video creator to be launched within the next 3 months.

Re: Fatpaint.com - Free online painting and drawing graphics software and photo edito

Hello, I want to recommend you my find, since I often create design projects for my work, I need to edit photos carefully to do everything well and I was helped by image upscaler ai so that I got a good job. I think it will be useful for you, because there are many features that will be needed to process photos.

Thread Information