• 12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
    drg
    Adobe Updates Photoshop Products
    Adobe systems has made a major release of several new updates:

Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3, Camera RAW, TWAIN Plug-in, and the DNG converter all have been updated officially as December 7, 2010. As I write this it is before 12 Midnite local time, but the releases are live.

More write up to follow in Camera News but here is the link to the page with all the update download links for both Windows and Macintosh systems:

Adobe - Downloads Page Product update in right hand column.

There are also plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Elements listed for users of RAW files.
  • 12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
    GB1
    Re: Adobe Updates Photoshop Products
    Thanks. I just downloaded them.

Does a month ever pass where there isn't an Adobe update? :D
  • 12-10-2010, 09:09 PM
    ksbryan0
    I downloaded the update, but as it was downloading I began reading some comments on the Adobe Lightroom Forum about this 3.3 version and (I don't remember the exact details) is sounds like NR changes made to images aren't evident when viewing images in the library. Seemed like quite a few forum participants were fairly unhappy with this result. I'm curious to hear if you guys notice the same issue, and am not installing the update until I know how to go back to my current version if I'm not happy with it.
  • 12-10-2010, 11:13 PM
    drg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ksbryan0
    I downloaded the update, but as it was downloading I began reading some comments on the Adobe Lightroom Forum about this 3.3 version and (I don't remember the exact details) is sounds like NR changes made to images aren't evident when viewing images in the library. Seemed like quite a few forum participants were fairly unhappy with this result. I'm curious to hear if you guys notice the same issue, and am not installing the update until I know how to go back to my current version if I'm not happy with it.

ks bryan-

I read the Forum entries you referred to and I am going to say at this point that I wonder if all those users have let Lightroom fully rebuild all the preview/thumbnails. There are and have always been intentional differences in how different modules displayed images at different zoom levels.

The comments seemed to be split between users who had and had not used the Release Candidate. There's long been a discussion about the 'right' way to do Noise Reduction display in several products and Adobe has usually promoted looking at images at 1:1 or greater size to get a better idea of what is being accomplished. Some of the forum participants commented the problems resolved either after time (previews/thumbnails rebuilt) or when they zoomed in on the photograph in question.

If you still have the downloaded build/install file from 3.2, you can always just uninstall LR 3.3 and the reinstall 3.2. Your old information is still there and should then be 'available' again. Just back up any file directory of information you are potentially worried about. Lightroom converts and makes a new copy but doesn't erase the old. I have to go through and clean out (back up too if not done already) after each of these major upgrades a bunch of backups. Wow, free disk space:D.

So far I've seen few other minor glitch's and lots of things that are better. There's a huge bug fix list with this release. As long as the Release Candidate was live, I think Adobe would have worked out most of the problems and if not they'll do it quickly one way or another. There was one famous release in Lightroom 1 that got fixed almost overnight!

Keep checking those forums and this one. I'm upgrading a whole bunch of gear this weekend (the various Adobe products) and testing so I'll note anything major here too!
  • 12-10-2010, 11:37 PM
    drg
    Camera News Article Details
    I posted more information on the upgrade packages in the article Adobe Update Photoshop Products in Camera News. There is added discussion about some of the 'minor' upgrades also.

Included in the article are the new cameras that are now supported for RAW processing. There are directions to Photoshop Elements plug-in links and information for Premiere users.
  • 12-14-2010, 11:27 AM
    Ratings
    Help! I have Photoshop CS4 64 bit and Bridge CS4. I just purchased the Olympus EPL1 and they won't read the .orf files. I cannot find a patch/upgrade for anything but CS5. Can anyone please advise? I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks!!!!
    :-)
    Ratings
  • 12-14-2010, 11:40 AM
    OldClicker
    What you want is the latest Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) that will work with CS4 which is v5.7. It does support the E-PL1.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4681

Terry
  • 12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
    Ratings
    Thank you Terry! I will try it!!!!
    Happy Holidays!
    Ratings!
  • 12-14-2010, 12:08 PM
    Ratings
    Terry, not to sound like a total idiot...but what do I do once I download it and extract it? it's just sitting on my desktop :-)
    Thank You!
    Ratings
  • 12-14-2010, 01:06 PM
    OldClicker
    The instructions are on the page in the link. The easiest way is to just use Help>Updates... from within CS4. - Terry
  • 07-20-2019, 01:42 AM
    jogeshocp
    Glad to you. Good resource link, which is needed for every professional photographer