Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Thread: Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop

Hi

at present i have Photoshop 7 must be fairly old by now (its not Elements)

I want to learn how to do more with my photos am i best to practice on this version or should i go out and buy an older Elements Version say 6

At present if i do alter shots its normally just using the preset quick fixes or just size manipulation so i can email them to people and they use them on web sites

please advise
    To me, The goal is to move people, to make people think, but never, never at the expense of the person you're photographing. To laugh with, yes - but never to laugh at. - Lord Snowdon

Martyn
    Olympus E30 HLD 4, E520, E300 & HLD 3
    Olympus OM10 Zuiko OM 28mm 2.8 OM 50mm 1.8 & 70-200mm
    ZD 14-45mm 14-42mm 14-54mm 40-150mm 70-300mm 50-200mm 2.8 / 3.5
    ZD 35mm Macro EX - 25
    Sigma 50-500mm To be Obtained
    Olympus FL36R
    Metz Flash 28AF-30

www.cannoncannonphotography.webs.com

Re: Adobe Photoshop

First I would suggest the book, PhotoShop 7 Classroom in a Book. Check Amazon and get a copy with the CD. It will walk you though it all and it isn't expensive. Next I think you should shoot in RAW format and get a good developing program like Lightroom. Then if you have specific questions you can always ask here. Not much the great members here don't know.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Hi Greg

i have found the book on amazon £20 new does that automatically come with the CD?
    To me, The goal is to move people, to make people think, but never, never at the expense of the person you're photographing. To laugh with, yes - but never to laugh at. - Lord Snowdon

Martyn
    Olympus E30 HLD 4, E520, E300 & HLD 3
    Olympus OM10 Zuiko OM 28mm 2.8 OM 50mm 1.8 & 70-200mm
    ZD 14-45mm 14-42mm 14-54mm 40-150mm 70-300mm 50-200mm 2.8 / 3.5
    ZD 35mm Macro EX - 25
    Sigma 50-500mm To be Obtained
    Olympus FL36R
    Metz Flash 28AF-30

www.cannoncannonphotography.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robusto
    Hi

at present i have Photoshop 7 must be fairly old by now (its not Elements)

I want to learn how to do more with my photos am i best to practice on this version or should i go out and buy an older Elements Version say 6

At present if i do alter shots its normally just using the preset quick fixes or just size manipulation so i can email them to people and they use them on web sites

please advise
    Photoshop 7 has everything you will need for photo manipulation. But If you choose to shoot RAW you will need a RAW converter. If RAW Shooter Essentials is still available and free (a download may still be available from some internet sites) go for that before spending loads of dosh on something you may not need. Capture One is not too expensive £60? maybe. Try the freebie first.
    Many great photographers I know continue to shoot JPEGs and produce great results.
    But personally I shoot RAW.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Lots of free online tutorials I would imagine on the internet
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Robusto
    Hi Greg

i have found the book on amazon £20 new does that automatically come with the CD?
    If it states NEW I would think so. Most used copies don't unless staed otherwise.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

My designer and pro photographer friend highly recommend to buy a hard copy photoshop book instead of just seek for online tutorial. Because you can know the whole concept instead of just learn 1 skill from a tutorial... I had bought the book, but still don't have time to read... after read this thread... I will try to start read it tonight.
    everyday happy

I agree. For learning, I don't think you really need to invest in a new version, with one exception. The newer versions have a great panoramic photomerge utility which does a fantastic job of stitching multiple shots together.

And I agree on Classroom in a Book series. None better. But there's also a lot of tutorials out there on the web to learn from. Just dive in with what you have and then when you have a need for a certain feature a new version has, you can contemplate upgrading.

i ll suggest you to have Inkscape, Inkscape is an open source vector graphics editor much like Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, and Xara X. Its default file format is web standards compliant Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) under W3C’s specifications.

Photo shop are very reliable to use and it is also easy to format. One thing I consider why I already use Photoshop because when you are going to edit the picture the visual content of this is not change with the pixels, and I found out that there are some simple process of editing that only Photoshop can do.

Photoshop is like a ocean, no end for learning. But it is a best software for image customization. I would suggest you to use latest version of the photoshop i.e, Adobe Photoshop CS3 to get all advanced features.

I started to use Photoshop from version 6, years ago.
    It changed so much since that time, and change very good.
    So many features were added, and still it develops further.
    But i want to say, that now i have PS3 and i dont want to buy CC, because many features available using plugins or other free apps

Best photo editing software

Clipping Path India (CPI) professional Graphics Design service provider. We have many Photoshop tutorial. And you can get free trail services from us.

for the first time you don't need much, 7 version will be enough i think

I love simple photoshop on the ipad, its free and it has a decent amount of features considering it is on iOS.

I agree with this.

This is obviously helpful software. Offshore Clipping Path is an outsourcing photo editing company. We have also many photoshop tutorial.

Adobe is a software created by for imaginative as well as multimedia capabilities. It's an amazing software application for modifying pictures. Adobe has actually reinvented graphics designer, artist and professional photographers throughout the globe.

Photographer and Graphic Designer

Myself Paritosh, and I'm working as a Graphic Designer for an Offshore Photo Editing company named Clipping Path Outsource. We are specialized in Clipping Path, Multiple Clipping Path, Photo Manipulation, Drop Shadow, Image Masking, Photo Retouching, eCommerce Image editing, Color Correction and many more that you need at your glance.

We also use Adobe Photoshop CC for our photography Production House.

Thread Information