Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>

View Poll Results: Vote for May Feature

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • armando_m

2 15.38%
  • hminx, Pete

1 7.69%
  • iguanamom

2 15.38%
  • jimmiyb

2 15.38%
  • ksbryan0

3 23.08%
  • snoid

3 23.08%

Thread: Vote for May

Vote for May

We are going to try something different. Cast your vote for Mays featured picture.

Armando_m

hmnix, aka Pete

Igaunmom

jimmyb

ksbryan

snoid
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Vote for May

I really like this idea I hope others do. I cast my vote.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Some great stuff this month. Hard to pick just one.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I am a little curious as to who decided on doing this and also how the five choices were determined? I personally like the idea of each of us deciding which one we like best on our own. I think it is more fun and encourages more people by leaving it up to the individual which one they liked the best out of all of them. I am one of those people that believes that everything doesn't need to be a contest to enjoy participating in the process. Just my opinion, Jeff

There are plenty of photo contests available if you want to compete against other photographers. I think this needs to be a non competition and done for fun so everyone will be encouraged to join in.
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    I am a little curious as to who decided on doing this and also how the five choices were determined? I personally like the idea of each of us deciding which one we like best on our own. I think it is more fun and encourages more people by leaving it up to the individual which one they liked the best out of all of them. I am one of those people that believes that everything doesn't need to be a contest to enjoy participating in the process. Just my opinion, Jeff

There are plenty of photo contests available if you want to compete against other photographers. I think this needs to be a non competition and done for fun so everyone will be encouraged to join in.
    Jeff, I ask John before I tried this. It is just an experiment of sorts. I chose one shot from each member, excluding Mods. I know that would be impossible to do every month if traffic increased in the Forum.
    If the idea offends anyone I am sorry, it's just for fun.

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Jeff, I ask John before I tried this. It is just an experiment of sorts. I chose one shot from each member, excluding Mods. I know that would be impossible to do every month if traffic increased in the Forum.
    I'm not offended but I really believe it will cut down on the amount of members that participate. I think it is hard for members that are newer to photography to get excited about posting their photo in a competition with many members that are much more experienced. I also cannot see much gratification in someone with a lot of experience winning over members that are just getting started. A lot of times things like this seem to favor the more well known members. Go for it and see what happens but I believe there would be more entries posting just for fun, than there will be making it a competition. Time will tell, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like were headed for a tie. Any last minute votes???

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Looks like were headed for a tie. Any last minute votes???
    Not unless you want me to vote twice!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Not unless you want me to vote twice!

Liz
    Your call Liz.lol
    I been hitting the streets for next month. But wow we are going to have record temps this week. Gonna be hot....

Sony a99/a7R

I know that would be impossible to do every month if traffic increased in the Forum.
    GuL

Thread Information