• 03-05-2004, 04:58 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Street Photo Project Is Up
    The Street Photo Project is available for upload. The Project index page won't update until tonight, but if you have photos for the Street Photo Project, you can start uploading them now.

Upload Street Photo Project Images >>

Thanks to Gerry Widen for contributing a photo for the graphic!
  • 03-06-2004, 02:06 AM
    Photo-John
    Sorry, won't be able to approve photos until Tuesday cause I'm on the road again. But I'll get them all up as soon as possible, when I'm back in the office!
  • 03-09-2004, 05:40 PM
    Photo-John
    Photos are approved!
    Sorry about the delay. I was out of town for three days. All Photo Project photos have been approved, now. There are 7 images in the new Street Photo Project.
  • 03-10-2004, 08:59 AM
    Gerry Widen
    John if you could make it easier to get to the current project it might help. If you click on the project photo on the home page you get the last project. The only other way I can see other than your link here (post above) is to go to galleries then to project.
  • 03-10-2004, 09:16 AM
    Liz
    Help with posting 100K or less.......
    I'm not technically good at anything......so here goes.

When I upload onto the forums, I have the pixel dimensions about 600x400 for a 200K or less pic. Do I just cut that in 1/2 - or to put it clearer - what should the pd be for a 100K pic to get the best quality. Thanks.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    John if you could make it easier to get to the current project it might help. If you click on the project photo on the home page you get the last project. The only other way I can see other than your link here (post above) is to go to galleries then to project.

• 03-10-2004, 10:36 AM
    Spike
    Is there a 100k limit?
    I didn't realize that.

Here is what I do when I save my images, using PS. I set pixels to 600 wide and then when I'm asked what quality (the low to high slider, 1 to 10 or something like that) I pick a medium setting. PS displays the size the photo will be if saved at that quality, so you can increase or decrease the quality setting accordingly. Once you see the file size you want, hit OK, so you only are saving it once.

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    I'm not technically good at anything......so here goes.

When I upload onto the forums, I have the pixel dimensions about 600x400 for a 200K or less pic. Do I just cut that in 1/2 - or to put it clearer - what should the pd be for a 100K pic to get the best quality. Thanks.

Liz

• 03-20-2004, 10:04 PM
    Alec
    Hey, John-boy.

Any limitation on the type of camera? I usually shoot with my G3 these days. Digital OK for the project?

See ya,

Alec
  • 03-21-2004, 01:51 PM
    Photo-John
    Alec, My Friend!
    Good to see you on here, buddy. Use whatever you want. It's about the photo, not the camera. That's one of the reasons I created the Photo Project.

It's about time we talked again, eh?
  • 03-21-2004, 03:39 PM
    Lara
    Hey Alec! It's been a long time, and you may not remember me, but nice see you posting! I'll refresh your memory if you can't place the name. (Just think back to the old CR days.) :)

I can't stay away from John's awesome site, and these photographers; pro and amateur alike. You'll find them extremely helpful. I haven't got myself a good camera yet, but do visit here every chance I get to learn from everyone here. One of these days I am going to get me the right camera. It's definitely going to be digital.

Can't wait to see some of your photo shots!
  • 03-23-2004, 02:52 PM
    kkraczek
    Uploading question
    I uploaded earlier today, and my photo is still not showing. Should I try again, or do they update at night? Thanks!
  • 03-23-2004, 03:31 PM
    Photo-John
    Have to Approve Them
    I have to manually approve and upload them. I usually do it once a day. Sometimes I'm a little slower. But I'll go check it out right now.

Good question, by the way.
  • 03-23-2004, 03:34 PM
    kkraczek
    Ok
    Thanks! I thought it might be something like that. :)