Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>

Switching to New Gallery

We'll be moving the Photo Project to the new gallery system next month. The new Photo Project will be "Macro/Details". I'm hoping the new gallery will increase comments and interaction a lot. Having the Photo Project on the new gallery will also mean that anything posted for the Photo Project will also be included in the rest of the gallery, including the Member Galleries, the camera galleries, and other categories that people want to associate their photos with. It should breathe new life into the Photo Project. I'm also thinking about bringing back the Vision Gallery.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hey Photo-John,

Isn't the galleries really a bit like "Critique my Photos" Forum in a way, posting images in three different forum types is going to take up a bit of hard disk space isn't it.

Just my thoughts.

Photo Critique

I've been planning to move the Photo Critique to the galleries, too. But that's a little more delicate since it's a big change for that section. I do think it will be a better way to handle Photo Critique, though.

The gallery is going to take a lot of disc space, period. Any good gallery will. But having a photo on three different categories doesn't make any difference as it's database driven and there's only one actual photo. It can just be associated and displayed in three different galleries.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hi John,

I understand that about the posting, but do you thing people are going to link to their photos, I expect they will just post it up each time in different places, which makes a new photo each time. If I posted up a photo that was "photo.jpg" on critique and then posted up the same photo with the same name in a gallery, say people gallery and then put the same photo in to my own gallery of people, isn't the photo appeneded each time it is upload, not over writing the original name photo.jpg, that way other peoples photos with the same name won't be accidentally over written.

Well that is my understanding of the current process.

Thread Information