• 10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
    starriderrick
    October Project : Fall Atmosphere
    O.k. People. Liz has asked me to step up, the torch has been passed to choose the October project topic....The bar is pretty high after last month's excellent topic choice by Greg.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here we go.... " Fall Atmosphere" Anything to do with the sights, sounds, events or colors of the seasonal change.... FALL. :D

Let's have fun! :)

Rick
  • 10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
    starriderrick
    1 Attachment(s)
    re: October Project : Fall Atmosphere
    Fall...is in the Air....

Rick
  • 10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
    starriderrick
    2 Attachment(s)
    re: October Project : Fall Atmosphere
    Atmosphere...
  • 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM
    Liz
    Re: October Project : Fall Atmosphere
  • 10-03-2011, 06:31 PM
    starriderrick
    Thanks Liz!... Great additions! It's gonna be a great month. :O)

Rick
  • 10-03-2011, 07:22 PM
    mjs1973
    1 Attachment(s)
    My favorite time of year for photography.
  • 10-04-2011, 09:15 AM
    Greg McCary
    Wow Liz you been holding back I love the bench shot..
  • 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973 View Post

I love fall for photos, too - especially if I can get fall color and snow in the same shot. And by the looks of the weather this week and the color on the mountains, I might just get my wish :)

That's a beauty of a photo, Mike. Did you find the leaves like that or did you arrange them for the photo?
  • 10-04-2011, 12:12 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Wasatch Glory
    I took this a couple of weekends ago up in Big Cottonwood Canyon, above Salt Lake City. The aspens in the middle hadn't turned yet and I liked that island of green in the middle of all those red maples or oaks or whatever they are. One of the things I love in the fall is finding the contrast or mix of colors. I'm hoping that later this week I might get some photos of snow on fall leaves. We're supposed to have snow down to 8000 feet tomorrow and possibly as low as 6000 feet before the end of the week. Since Salt Lake is at 4500, and I can drive to 8000 in half an hour, I think the photo opportunities this week are going to be pretty excellent.
  • 10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
    Liz
    Great photo, John! What a gorgeous view with such a variety of colors. :cool:

Liz
  • 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by starriderrick View Post
    Atmosphere...

Rick,

Great shots.....what kind of flowers are in that array? I especially like the colors in the first one.....Beautiful!

Liz
  • 10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Mike......I agree with John.....great shot with beautiful fall colors....

Liz
  • 10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
    mjs1973
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks John and Liz.

John - I arranged the leaves like that. I found them while out hiking with my dogs and took them home to play with. I know what you mean about the fall colors with snow. I went to the Tetons a couple of years ago to photograph the colors, and it snowed on me almost every day. It was a great trip. Here is a shot scanned from film (either Velvia or Kodachrome) from that trip.
  • 10-04-2011, 03:01 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Thanks John and Liz.

John - I arranged the leaves like that. I found them while out hiking with my dogs and took them home to play with. I know what you mean about the fall colors with snow. I went to the Tetons a couple of years ago to photograph the colors, and it snowed on me almost every day. It was a great trip. Here is a shot scanned from film (either Velvia or Kodachrome) from that trip.

Gorgeous! Wow! The composition, color.....everything including the nice framing job.

Liz
  • 10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
    mjs1973
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks Liz. I had forgotten all about this image. Maybe I should make a print of it. :)

Here is one I took tonight. I got here a bit late and missed the light. I'll know better for next time.
  • 10-04-2011, 06:30 PM
    starriderrick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Rick,

Great shots.....what kind of flowers are in that array? I especially like the colors in the first one.....Beautiful!

Liz

Thanks Liz. :):thumbsup:
    Some kind of wild flowers... almost dry,the most vibrant red I've ever seen.

Big wow factor on that shot John..Gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Great to see this month off to a strong start. Great colors in the shot Mike,love the arrangement of the first, the second is amazing..

Rick
  • 10-04-2011, 08:39 PM
    AgingEyes
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 86198

Thank you for looking !
  • 10-05-2011, 05:15 AM
    Old Timer
    2 Attachment(s)
    This has the feel of Fall.
  • 10-05-2011, 04:57 PM
    Jimmy B
    3 Attachment(s)
    Great captures everyone! Now for a different twist on Fall Atmosphere, get your lites out and go for a Fall night ride!
    Jimmy B.
  • 10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
    mjs1973
    3 Attachment(s)
    Here are a few more to add to the group. One from a walk with the dogs tonight, one from my nephews football game on Monday, and a shot of Oxbow Bend from 2009, scanned from Kodachrome.
  • 10-05-2011, 08:19 PM
    AgingEyes
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 86213

Thanks you for looking !!
  • 10-05-2011, 10:51 PM
    starriderrick
    1 Attachment(s)
    I am blown away by all the interpretations & beauty of fall atmosphere in this month project.Great stuff everyone!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One from today...all day it rained...then the sun came out. :)

Rick
  • 10-06-2011, 01:25 AM
    AgingEyes
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 86217

Thanks !
  • 10-06-2011, 07:27 AM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks, Liz! Here's another one of some aspens from the same day, up near the top of the canyon.
  • 10-06-2011, 08:06 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AgingEyes View Post

I love these types of photos. Beautiful!