Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)

It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

A Parisian miscellany, from the old Maciva FD7 floppy disk camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-599f.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-607f.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-580f.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Casio QV-2800UX, swivel body 2MP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04270125.jpg  
    PAul

There sure are some great pictures here.

Dawn

SW Nice shots with the floppy camera. Nice shots everyone! Here is one from Halloween. Jimmy B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-img_7559_1.jpg  

My god, that feels soooooo good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-october-project-sooc.jpg  
    Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily, visiting the natural world.

Let me start this post with a statement. That is I think every digital image deserves some post processing. All my digital cameras are set with that in mind. Ok here is one straight out of the newest camera in the stable only resized for posting. This one was shot with the D700 at ISO 1600 at 1/25 and f5.6 hand held by the light of a small reading light. It was taken with the Nikkor 24-120 f3.5-5.6 with the VR activated. I have only had this setup a few hours and I'm just now playing with the settings and learning what it will do. I think I am going to be very pleased.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-dsc_0063-2-800.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Very nice shot of the Mrs., OT. It looks like you are going to like the new camera body.
    Is next months project going to be all the same shots PP?
    Jimmy B.

Jimmy B-I think what is really awesome about your shot is your in the center of it! Very cool.

Tyson-what a scary feeling! I've had quite a few fire fighter buddies and I've heard a few of these stories myself. Thanks for your commitment, it takes a lot for people to do what you do-and I'm grateful!
    "I say, when life gives you lemons, use it so the salt sticks to your margarita glass":devil:
    -Me

www.flickr.com/photos/natashaleigh

I have a few that fit this.

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Old Timer, that's a gorgeous portrait

My photo is from this afternoon when I sneaked off to the lake for 10 minutes before picking kids up from nursery, hoping to find a scary tree!!! (I'm also a member of this Danish nature forum where project of the month is "The scary stuff"). Usually, I have to straighten anything with a horizon as my internal level is defect This one was just right. I played a little with the light, but decided that I liked it the best just the way it came out of the camera. So, no cropping, no nothing, just resizing...

Sunset skyline

Mette
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-dsc03944w.jpg  
    My Sony Alpha 700 and I have been joined by a Tamron 200-500mm

The Murrumbidgee River near Camp Sturt, shot on Kodak 35mm High Speed Infrared film with an orange filter. The negative was scanned and then a positive made. There was no photo manipulation (which I normally do), just a density adjustment until the highlights in the image were displaying adequate detail.

With film, straight out of the camera is the print maker's judgement? I hope this image is considered straight out of the camera? ... if not, no worries.

Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Wassa
    The Murrumbidgee River near Camp Sturt, shot on Kodak 35mm High Speed Infrared film with an orange filter. The negative was scanned and then a positive made. There was no photo manipulation (which I normally do), just a density adjustment until the highlights in the image were displaying adequate detail.

With film, straight out of the camera is the print maker's judgement? I hope this image is considered straight out of the camera? ... if not, no worries.

Warren.
    Wonderful image Warren!

I can't fault you for inverting the image, as that is the same as making a print, however the density adjustment is minipulation.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Almo, G'day. Thankyou. Scrap one shot of the Murrumbidgee River above.

'Goodmorning Scharnhorst ... who will you destroy today?'

Warren.

A few more, sooc, from various cameras - some cheap and nasty.
    It's not the camera that makes the good photo, is it ?
    Well yes, sometimes it's a poor camera that ruins a good photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-dsc00912.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-img_1535.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-_mg_5318.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-pic0002.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-pic0004.jpg  

PAul

Smarties, hundreds of 'em.
    Smart Cars at the start of the London-Brighton rally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-_mg_5312.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-_mg_5419.jpg  
    PAul

Here are some from last week of the new family member. She will be 5 months next week.

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-img_6496.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-img_6502.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-img_6532.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-img_6530.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-img_6542.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Let me start this post with a statement. That is I think every digital image deserves some post processing. All my digital cameras are set with that in mind. Ok here is one straight out of the newest camera in the stable only resized for posting. This one was shot with the D700 at ISO 1600 at 1/25 and f5.6 hand held by the light of a small reading light. It was taken with the Nikkor 24-120 f3.5-5.6 with the VR activated. I have only had this setup a few hours and I'm just now playing with the settings and learning what it will do. I think I am going to be very pleased.
    Larry I just found this by accident---why isn't it in the gallery? This is a great shot and that is a great camera, congratulations.

Jack
    Jack Cunningham http://www.photoartbycunningham.com

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. Ansel Adams

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson L. Sparks
    Sinple Jpeg, with a story.

I was on a squad run Saturday night, I was in a chase truck (second support vehicle for the squad) and on the way back my.partner and I came across this truck in the ditch. Motor still warm, keys in the ignition and no one around. It seems a redneck and his buddy decided to do a little druken off roading at 1 am. Beer cans all over the front of the truck and in the bed.

Now if you have never worked in the fire and ems service or came across a situation like this, you have no idea how intimidateing it can be. No lights, just your head lamps and a flash light. You have to search for bodies, blood or anything that could help you find the driver. A hundred thoughts running through your head all at once. All because some punk wanted to get drunk and drive.

This isn't the first time we had to go looking for a body, we have found them pinned under their cars, floating down river, thrown a hundred feet from the car and some times in more than one place. Sometimes you see things you'll never forget.

This time we just found an empty truck, the driver was lucky and walked home after he disabled his truck. Nice truck too.

No photoshop, just resized for web use.
    HI TLS, I don't work for any of those, but as a rural route paper carrier, I have recently come upon a car that scared the daylights out of me. I was on a rather deserted gravel road and saw a car in the ditch. Not necessarily unusual as it is combining season and farmers are frequently out and hunters are scouting herds of deer. But something was unusual about this one. As I got closer, I saw the skid marks in the gravel and realized the car had hit a tree at high speed. I jumped out as I was dialing 911, fearing the worse. Realizing with all the dew on the car it had been there for a while, I thought for sure, someone is dead. As I approached the front of the vehicle I saw the windshield had been hit from the inside and I quickly began searching for blood and survivors, but amazingly...no one was in the vehicle. Then I started searching the area for someone laying on the side of the road while waiting for a sheriff to show up. Which could be an hour or more considering the size of this county and the limited number of officers. Anyway, I didn't find anyone, I finally had to let the 911 operator know that I had to continue on my route. People get awful irate if their papers are late.
    It's my worst fear that some night I'm going to come upon a car full of high school or college kids all smashed up because of alcohol, or a family whose been run off the road because of a drunk driver. Knock on wood this doesn't happen.
    Anyway, I know how you feel and pray it doesn't happen too ofter to you, or anyone!!!
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

ken1953, thanks for reading my post. I hear so many people speak out about wanting to ban guns in the USA when drinking and driving kills and cripples 10 times the people. Makes no sense.

Here is a shot from today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-helmet.jpg  

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

here's a few assorted ones
    quite a lot from old, cheap, low resolution cameras
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04210044.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04250040.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04250054.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04260006.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04270018.jpg  

PAul

More low res old camera shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04270039.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04270042.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04270049.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04270086.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04270162.jpg  

PAul

More old Casio images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04280078.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04280089.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-04280102.jpg  
    PAul

Floppy disk Mavica
    The difference between the 640x480 (FD-5 I think) and the 1024x960 (FD-7?) shows !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-dsc00909.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-004f.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-005f.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-054f.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-079f.jpg  

PAul

Looking back, I'm astonished the floppy disk Sony mavica worked so well !
    PERHAPS because it had no manual options for me to mess it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-594f.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-706f.jpg   November Project: Sooc (straight out of the camera)-mvc-718f.jpg  
    PAul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information