Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: March Photo Project: Your Town

Sorry if it's a repost, it didn't show in the other message. LOL, guess the site doesn't like this one...lmao
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Your Town-pict0357.jpg  
    Last edited by payn817; 03-23-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

not my town, just where I work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Your Town-vv9w2795.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-vv9w2793.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-vv9w2762.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-vv9w2769.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Relevant Quote

I got a book of Henri Cartier-Bresson's photos of Paris, called "A Propos de Paris." The beginning includes an introduction written by Vera Feyder, called, "Henri Cartier-Bresson: Unshootable Views." The photos in this book are fantastic. Just when I was starting to think, "I'd have better photos if I lived some place like Paris," I read a quote from Vera's passage that changed my mind:

"The most beautiful city in the world can only give what she has; but all that she offers is on view, for anyone who knows how to see her, take her, and love her."

Unfortunately I don't have any worthwhile photos of Austin to share, but I assure you I will be taking some soon.

Paul

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Here's a quick shot from yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Your Town-catolog-photos.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Here are a couple:

Bank of America in downtown Jacksonville, Fl.

Blanding Blvd. Jacksonville/ Orange Park, Fl. You can actually see the Jax-Orange Park City line sign under the big green sign.

My favorite Sonic. Orange Park, Fl.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Love the Bank of America shot there Almo.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some more, not from Milton, but from Toronto which has become almost a second home because I go there so often.

A random warehouse, I call it "Liberty Warehouse"

The Former AR Williams Factory, now a condo sales office

The Gardiner Expressway as shot from the top of one of those ad bilboards mounted atop the "Liberty Warehouse"

The Toronto Skyline shot from the Roof of the Inglis Storage facility/office, to the right is the main rail line which leads into Union Station

The stack at the mothballed RL Hearn Power Plant, the tallest stack in Toronto

And last but not least, the CN Tower pokes itself out above the buildings. (From the roof of a building on Queen Street)
    Last edited by Axle; 03-24-2006 at 06:18 AM.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Who knew there were so many here with some ties to Utah? I always find it interesting when I meet people from all over the place who know someone that is from around my home town. When I lived in Prague from 1995-1997, I met a guy in a grocery store there that went to elementary, jr. high and high school with my mom. And just in February when my wife and I returned there for a vacation, she saw someone that she went to high school with as well. It really is a small world these days.

BTW thanks for all the nice comments about Ogden and the surrounding areas. They make me glad.

Just for kicks, here is one from the kayak park on the Weber river near downtown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Your Town-kayak2small.jpg  

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greghalliday
    It really is a small world these days.

So true! About 10 years ago I was in Austria and met a girl from Australia. A few days later I ran into her again in Prauge. I'm a little surprised if I don't run into someone I know when I'm on vacation or away from home.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

A couple from "my town". OK actually Indianapolis but the city limits keep getting closer, just three miles from my country home.
    These photos show the biggest part of Indy, basketball and of course some lil ole race at 16th & Georhetown.

#1: from Consecoe Fieldhouse looking East towards the RCA Dome which you can just barely see through the snow
    #2: Conseco Fieldhouse during the 4A state basketball championship
    #3: The balloons are luanched at the start of the 2005 Indy 500
    #4: The start of the race

JS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Your Town-js062568.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-js062877.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-052905-065.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-052905-074.jpg  
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

couple more of "my town"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Your Town-pict0357.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-pict0425.jpg  

Demolishing a Milton Landmark...well trying to. American team can't knock down the Canadian building!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Your Town-photo04.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-photo08.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-photo09.jpg   March Photo Project: Your Town-photo15.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Axle
    Demolishing a Milton Landmark...well trying to. American team can't knock down the Canadian building!
    Well if Canadians could build them to spec then the Americans could knock them down properly, which, I am quite sure, Is what they attempted to do.

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Yes that's what was attempted. But one of the charges didn't go off which prevented one of the main support colums under the silos from fragging right so it gave them somthing to lean on.

The plan was to have the silos take out the rest of the main plant in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Axle
    Yes that's what was attempted. But one of the charges didn't go off which prevented one of the main support colums under the silos from fragging right so it gave them somthing to lean on.

The plan was to have the silos take out the rest of the main plant in the fall.
    "Halfassed, it's the American way."
    ~ Homer Simpson
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

I used to work at the Consumers plant from 1990-6. Good memories both of the people and the job itself... sorry to see this site the way it is now, but who can complain about 'change'

Anyways I drove down there yesterday morning and shot about 400 pics of the place. Was hoping they would be resuming demo operations at that time but seems that they're going to use the swinging balls to bring the rest of it apart

Anyways.... a few pics.

For more pics, see THIS link.

Nikon D50
    AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm 3.5-4.5G ED
    AF Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G

I know it's not March any more, but since I didn't join till April, I figured I'd step back in time a little and add a few of my pics:

[click any pic to see the full-size version]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information