Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Hey Almo...

Hey Almo...

In the project suggestion thread OldSchool mentioned challenge projects for the monthly project (Good idea OS). Instead of using that for the monthly project, would you mind if a person would issue short term challenge projects in separate threads, much like folks sometime do in Viewfinder with "Post your [whatever] pics here" threads? The difference would be that the photos posted would have to be taken in response to the challenge project rather than something taken from one's archives.

I don't think they'd have to be 'stickied' or have a specified lifetime and would just naturally disappear when folks are no longer interested in them and perhaps pop back up once in a while when someone spots an appropriate subject.

If the subject line said "Challenge Project - [whatever]" everyone would know what it was about. Perhaps a sticky for a while that explained challenge projects would be good if you go along with the idea.
    ----------------------------

Re: Hey Almo...

That sounds like a fun idea.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I like this idea!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Count me in. Do we get to throw down an animated gauntlet?
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

I am not ruling it out, but for now I am not ready to ok it. The way the project is handled now is not the way it will be forever. Photo-John an I have discussed it recently and we both think there is a better way to do things, we just are not sure which way to take it yet. As for now it would be better to just leave things as they are, no need to complicate it. If you want to start challenge threads I think its best to keep that in the VF for now.

Thanks guys, and please don't hessitate to contact me with your ideas. I want this I be a forum we all enjoy. Once we get a new system for the project and I am confident that other threads won't take away from the main project I would be happy to have challenge threads.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    I am not ruling it out, but for now I am not ready to ok it. The way the project is handled now is not the way it will be forever. Photo-John an I have discussed it recently and we both think there is a better way to do things, we just are not sure which way to take it yet. As for now it would be better to just leave things as they are, no need to complicate it. If you want to start challenge threads I think its best to keep that in the VF for now.

Thanks guys, and please don't hessitate to contact me with your ideas. I want this I be a forum we all enjoy. Once we get a new system for the project and I am confident that other threads won't take away from the main project I would be happy to have challenge threads.
    Thanks Almo, that's what we'll do.
    I guess I don't see how these would detract from the main project though.
    ----------------------------

The idea is a good one and many places are doing similiar.

You have the monthly project and maybe bi-weekly or weekly challenges that can all coexist in the same forum.

Once you get the project ideas right then lets consider weekly or what ever challenges. We could limit the challenges to your best photo instead of uploading a bunch.

My 0.02 deflated values worth,

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thread Information