Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>

April Photo Of The Month

This one is an oldie but a goodie. It moved me the first time I saw it over a year ago, and it still moves me today. Good one Larry.

Photo by: Old Timer
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Re: April Photo Of The Month

congrats oldtimer!

:thumbsup:
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Very nice OT. I missed this one the first time around.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations OT!

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    This one is an oldie but a goodie. It moved me the first time I saw it over a year ago, and it still moves me today. Good one Larry.

Photo by: Old Timer
    Well I hate to admit it but I didn't know untill just now that you had selected this oldie as your photo of the month. Thanks Almo. There were so many very nice images this month I am really honored. This image was done before I had a DSLR with my Fuji S602Z a camera that I find has amazing quality and is very easy to learn and use.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Boy, maybe I should start posting a link in the VF for now on.

I am however glad that you did find it. Please tell us more about the photo, and why this guy looks like he ate a few too many chili's.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Boy, maybe I should start posting a link in the VF for now on.

I am however glad that you did find it. Please tell us more about the photo, and why this guy looks like he ate a few too many chili's.
    Be Glad to. This gentleman is an enthusiastic Revolutionary War re-inactor. He was part of celebration held each year at a state park near my home. He is in traditional war body paint of the Shawnee tribe of souther Ohio. The Battle of Blue Licks is reputed to be the last battle of the Revolutionary War. A band of British lead native Americans came down from Ohio and committed several small raid on Kentucky settlements. The Kentucky frontiersmen formed a militia unit and followed what they believed to be a small raiding party to the Licking River at Blue Licks. On August the 19,1782 the Kentuckians observed the Indians just over the river. The force of 182 lead by Col John Todd against the urging of Daniel Boone, himself a member of the party, charged into the river to attach the Indians. Once in the River the main body of British and Indians numbering over 1000 counter attached. The result was terrible defeat for the Kentuckians. The colonist lost 72 killed and an unknown number were wounded. Among the dead was Daniel Boone's son. It was however the last major invasion of Kentucky from Indian tribes from the north.

Each year the battle is refought on the actual site less going into the river. After the battle the participants talk with the spectors most still in charactor and tell of the battle just fought. This man though exhausted from the battle seemed to be looking to the gods giving thanks for having survived.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Wow Larry, That's quite a story. Thanks for sharing it!

Was this fellow an actual Native American, or was he just a dude playing the part?
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Wow Larry, That's quite a story. Thanks for sharing it!

Was this fellow an actual Native American, or was he just a dude playing the part?
    A factory worker that dresses up on the weekends. And I might add that those loin cloths are made for warm weather not much left to the imagination.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information