Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: Printing Photos

racing > all

Printing Photos

Any of you guys have recommendations for printing your photos? I printed a bunch of my stuff off my old Canon 3SIS on photobucket's service in 4x6 and was happy with the results. I also printed one 8x10 and did their framing option, plain black frame with the white border paper that goes inside the frame, they did a nice job.

Looking to print some similar stuff from the holidays with the 450D to give as presents, any suggestions on quality/price? Services with framing are not necessarily needed, but might be a bonus.
    98 Cobra - AI racecar - 300HP, lots of suspension

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (450D)
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

So long as you credit me as the original photographer, go to town with my work. You can't make it any worse.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Printing Photos

I do almost all of my printing through www.mpix.com. The quality is great! They do offer framing as well. I have had a couple things done with the wood frame, and the black metal frame. I think the metal frames are much nicer. The wood frame had some small gaps in the corners. Other than that, I think Mpix is great.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

racing > all

Re: Printing Photos

Thanks they have a lot better/more frame and photo sizing than Photobucket so I gave them six pictures to try ranging from 4x6 to 10x12. We'll see if they can follow the instructions not to doctor up the photos any, I like how they are, probably a little bit more contrast and color saturation than most.
    98 Cobra - AI racecar - 300HP, lots of suspension

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (450D)
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

So long as you credit me as the original photographer, go to town with my work. You can't make it any worse.

Thread Information