Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Why RAW mode ROCKS!

I was experimenting with fill flash while shooting the birds in my front yard. The neighbor girls happened to go running by to the play ground and I snapped a shot, forgetting I was in Tv mode @ max shutter speed for flash.

The resulting photo was garbage on my screen but since I was shooting in RAW mode I decided to experiment.

The results were astounding and so simple to do in PHOTOLAB (one slider bar moved from 0 to 2) compared to all the adjustments I tried in photoshop which paled in comparison.

Tim

Why RAW mode ROCKS!-why-raw-mode.jpg
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Re: Why RAW mode ROCKS!

So right you are Raw Rocks I have only had the chance to use it once so far ,its only been a few days that i have a camera with the raw option .
    Nikon Samurai # 24

( The hiker's creed. )

Take only pictures, Leave only footprints, Kill only time.

Thread Information