Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Question Can Graphics Card Support 2 Displays?

This question dovetails my earlier question regarding dual monitors. I realize that this question is Mac computer-specific, but someone nevertheless might have the answer. I have a MacBook Pro 15", 2.4GHz (late 2007). I want to connect a separate IPS monitor for image post processing.

Question: Does the graphics card in my MBP have sufficient capabilities to profile & calibrate an separate external display? I have been told that a graphics card must be able to support a separate Look Up Table (LUT) for each display?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Can Graphics Card Support 2 Displays?

I'm guessing that it does. I say that because I know your MBP has the capability to handle the 24 and 30 inch Apple Cinema displays with no reconfiguration.

However, both of those displays have the Mini Display connection that's made to work with the ports on the MBP. If you look outside of Apple's displays, you may have to figure out connections.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Re: Can Graphics Card Support 2 Displays?

Thanks, Joe. Your comments are right in line with everything else I have heard.

Thread Information