Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Question PictureProject & Tsfrng photos to flash drive

Hi, I just found your site and am hoping someone might have some experience in this.

I transf'd my pix from my camera to Nikon's Picture Project and edited them. I now need to put them on a flash drive as I don't have cd burning cabaility on my mac.

The pictures seem to transfer with option click and drag but when I try and open them on the drive I get the message: Couldn't open the file. It may be corrupt or a file format that Preview doesn't recognize.

I tried to open them thru Appleworks but got a blank screen.

When I open the flash drive and also the cd I did make (friends computer) they both show a list of jpg files but I cannot open them.

I tried the help for "export" but even tho there is export under the File Menu, there was nothing in the help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: PictureProject & Tsfrng photos to flash drive

If you have a Mac, I assume you're running OSX. Which version?

Also, have you tried opening them in iPhoto? It may or may not help.

I'm not famliar with Nikon's software, but it would seem that the jpg's are in a format not recognized by most programs. Any chance you have Photoshop or Photshop Elements? Opening the files in one of those and resaving would probably straighten things out.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Thread Information