Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Panoramic Stitching

Just wondering what you guys use for stitching panoramic shots together. I know there are some programs out there, do you use them, (if so which ones and how do you like them) or do you do it yourself in PS. Thanks much.

Phil
    Last edited by PMW518; 10-18-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Panoramic Stiching

Welcome to the site Phil. When I do a pano, I usually line the pics up myself in PS just to see if things are going to line up. Then I use the photomerge function in PS CS2 to stitch and blend them together. It's not perfect, and usually requires some manual retouching, but it does a pretty decent job.

I did try out some software called Panoram Factory . It seemed to work pretty good also, but I don't do enough pano's to justify the cost. You can dowload it and use it free for 30 days, so it's worth a test drive.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Panoramic Stitching

Quote Originally Posted by PMW518
    Just wondering what you guys use for stitching panoramic shots together. I know there are some programs out there, do you use them, (if so which ones and how do you like them) or do you do it yourself in PS. Thanks much.

Phil

Hey Phil,

I've tried a few panoramics with Photoshop Elements 2.0, but the results left me underwhelmed. I've heard and read of some other programs that do pano's, but like Mike, I don't do enough of them to make it worth the cost.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Panoramic Stitching

I use PhotoStictch that came with the Canon, works well.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Post Re: Panoramic Stitching

My current favorite (for Mac) is Calico. The examples I shot were all done handheld, but with panoramas/stitching in mind.

Thread Information