• 09-21-2013, 05:44 PM
    Grandpaw
    Need a slide and negative scanner
    A friend of mine is looking for a good slide and negative scanner for around $300.00 or less. I told him I would ask here and see if I could get any recommendations. If you have any ideas please let me know so I can tell him because this is something I know nothing about. Jeff
  • 09-22-2013, 01:52 PM
    dl4449
    Re: Need a slide and negative scanner
    Hi Jeff
    I have the Canoscan 4400f It worked quite well for me scanned about 1500 slides and 35 mm neg. Happy with results it is a few years old now but I am sure that the new ones are just as good or better
  • 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM
    Greg McCary
    I use a Plustec. It works far better than a flatbed. The flatbeds I have used were soft in the center unless the negatives were perfectly flat.
    The Plustec comes with Silverfast software. It's worth it just for that. It's great software with lots of film presets.
    Amazon.com : Plustek OpticFilm 8100 Film & Slide Scanner : Slide Negative Scanners : Electronics
  • 02-04-2020, 12:35 AM
    chia88
    It's great to be here with everyone, I have a lot of knowledge from what you share, to say thanks, the information and knowledge here helps me a lot. driving directions