• 04-23-2004, 01:52 PM
    chfphoto
    Need advice on buying printer
    I am interested in buying a printer, and was all set to buy an Epson 2200, when some of the reviews panned its black & white performance. As I will be printing about 90% of my stuff in black & white, are there any suggestions for me regarding other printers, or your own experience with the Epson 2200 B&W? Thanks! -Carolyn
  • 04-23-2004, 10:16 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Don't shoot the 2200, it's only the printer...
    Ok, bad play on the title of an Elton John album... :D

But the point is, today's hi-tech 6 and 7 color inkjet printers, while remarkably simple considering what they're capable of producing, still require a good amount of user input.

As Penny mentions, there is a learning curve with the 2200, and if you want to do things properly, it is much higher than if you just decide to leave everything to chance.

After taking a 12 week Epson printing workshop online, I've come to realize that there are many settings and configurations that, if messed with just a bit will give you very different results.

I, like Penny, have gotten extremely good B&W results with the 2200. IMO, anyone that rips this model for the reasons you mention either doesn't quite know the propper settings to use, or has made the common error of a poor paper choice or mismatching the paper with the ink.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chfphoto
    I am interested in buying a printer, and was all set to buy an Epson 2200, when some of the reviews panned its black & white performance. As I will be printing about 90% of my stuff in black & white, are there any suggestions for me regarding other printers, or your own experience with the Epson 2200 B&W? Thanks! -Carolyn

• 04-24-2004, 06:02 AM
    chfphoto
    Yeah, I figured as much...thanks
    Do you feel like I would need to do the 12 week course to be able to get good results? Any tips on settings/papers? Thanks!