Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Camera Raw in Photoshop CS3

I just got Photoshop CS3 and I must say I am in love. It is so much to learn I will be stuck in front of the computer for life. My question is concerning the camera raw feature. When I go to browse and open Adobe Bridge I can select to open a picture in camera raw mode, yet I am pretty sure my little Coolpix L18 does not save pictures in camera raw format. So how can I open a picture in a format that I did not select from the camera. Is this actually the photoshop raw mode which I have heard about. What is the differenct between Photoshop and Camera Raw. I think my brain is raw from all this thinking. I'm gonna go get some snaps in (take some pictures) to ease my mind. Thanks for your help.
    Snap it up
    Naz

If you saw it, you didn't get it. tadrscin's Avatar

Re: Camera Raw in Photoshop CS3

CS3 now allows you to open Jpegs in Camera RAW as well as native RAW files. Basically Camera RAW allows you to do non-destructive edits to your photos. I'm sure someone else can provide a much more detailed explanation than that.
    Ray
    --
    I race down mountains on a bike and I take photographs, but never both at the same time :nono:

Feel free to edit any of my photos as long as you explain in detail what you did.

My Gear
    Canon 7D
    Some L glass.
    Flashes, Radio Poppers, etc.
    My Gallery
    My Life

Thread Information