Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Lightroom 1.4 . . . . .

A few days ago LightRoom upgraded to 1.4 and I installed it. It did not look to have any advantages for me but I always allow the update.
    Yesterday I did a shoot in a friends studio (she is an artist/sculptor) and imported the 88 images into Lightroom last night. Whenever I import, I always have LightRoom convert to DNG.
    After the import, I opened the images up and got a "an unknown error has occured" warning at top of the images in Loupe View, all of them. The pics looked fine in standard previews, but when I would try to zoom in on them for closer looks, thats when the error warning would come up and I could not get a high resolution look at them. It would zoom in but they looked as if I were zooming in on the lower resolution previews and not the full file.
    I deleted the entire import, closed Lightroom and tried the import again. Same thing.
    Did this at least three times.
    I decided to look at these imported files in Adobe Bridge. they looked great and showed no sign of any problems.
    What I finally did was import the RAW files with Adobe PS, then convert them to DNG with Adobes Converter. Then I imported that batch of DNG files into LightRoom and everything was fine. I will have to try this some more and see if this continues, but I suspect that possibly LightRoom DNG converter is affected with this new upgrade 1.4

Anyone else have an issue with the new 1.4 upgrade?
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: Lightroom 1.4 . . . . .

Yes!! Adobe has pulled the update and is recommending to uninstall 1.4 and reinstall the previous version.. There are issues with DNG (as you are seeing), EXIF, and also something with Olympus files..

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck935
    Yes!! Adobe has pulled the update and is recommending to uninstall 1.4 and reinstall the previous version.. There are issues with DNG (as you are seeing), EXIF, and also something with Olympus files..
    Yes, thanks Canuck. I did go and look into the forums at Adobes site and see that they recognize there being an issue with the new update. I have uninstalled version 1.4 and reinstalled 1.3.1 and all is well again.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I knew there was a reason to let someone else Beta test this one - thanks guys !
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information