Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>
    Liz

Help! address bar problem

I can't figure out what I did, but at the moment the arrow at the right end of the address bar that enables me to get to the address I type in the bar was missing. The downward arrow that shows the recent addresses is still there. Consequently I can't "go" anywhere from the address bar. I have to google an address to get there. I right clicked but there is no option to change or fix it.

Also I have a new "Yahoo Search" small search bar to the right of the address bar that refuses to delete or move. I don't care that it is there, but I don't recall seeing it before. Maybe I just didn't notice it. I have no clue how this area changed by itself.

Could someone tell me how to get the right arrow that allows me to go to a new address back?

Thanks.
    Maria

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Help! address bar problem

Don't know what happened to your arrow but just hit 'enter'
    Now that I look, my arrow's gone too....conspiracy?
    Take that back....it shows up after typing the address in.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

QUOTE=Liz]I can't figure out what I did, but at the moment the arrow at the right end of the address bar that enables me to get to the address I type in the bar was missing. The downward arrow that shows the recent addresses is still there. Consequently I can't "go" anywhere from the address bar. I have to google an address to get there. I right clicked but there is no option to change or fix it.
    Maria[/QUOTE]

You are now using V7 of IE and the arrow has gone. Once you type in the address just hit return and it gets you there. That is if I understood your description of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Also I have a new "Yahoo Search" small search bar to the right of the address bar that refuses to delete or move. I don't care that it is there, but I don't recall seeing it before. Maybe I just didn't notice it. I have no clue how this area changed by itself.
    Maria
    The search bar is just a yahoo search bar, you can change this to Google if you prefer by clicking on the down arrow and selecting find more providers. This will give you a list of providers. The thing is you can't get rid of it.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Liz

Thanks Frog - next time it happens I'll try the enter and/or return. It seems to be okay this morning. Sometimes things just change for some reason - or I do something to the pc unknowingly. Last night the arrow returned for a few seconds - then turned into a lock icon. This morning the arrow is back and things seem okay.

You are now using V7 of IE and the arrow has gone. Once you type in the address just hit return and it gets you there. That is if I understood your description of the problem.

The search bar is just a yahoo search bar, you can change this to Google if you prefer by clicking on the down arrow and selecting find more providers. This will give you a list of providers. The thing is you can't get rid of it.

Roger
    Roger,

You just resolved all my problems! :thumbsup:

Thanks....too much of a learning curve for a technically challenged person such as myself!

I really appreciate all the help I'm getting around here.

Liz

Thread Information