Hi Guys!

For all of you guys out there who have a Fuji S5500 or similar who are struggling to get it to work as a Webcam, I have the solution for you!

I have two sections to this post, so read all of it!

You have to have Service Pack 2 installed with Microsoft Windows XP. (Right Click My Computer and go to Properties. the screen will show the Version of Service Pack you have)

Also it is advisable to have the Fujifilm Software installed as well although it might not be vital.

It should just work and not have any problems that way. Go into Control Panel and click on Scanners and Cameras, click on the relevent camera present, and you should then see the image from your camera (make sure lense cap is off) If it doesn't show anything, or if it gives some other error message.. continue reading!

If you don't have Service Pack 2 installed, and can't get it (due to an illegal copy of XP)
then here is the file list (with Locations) you need to make sure you have, before it will work:

You can probably download the files individually from the internet if you can't get the files off another PC with SP2

c:\windows\system32

iyuv_32.dll
ksuser.dll
msyuv.dll
tsbyuv.dll
vfwwdm32.dll
dshowext.ax
ksproxy.ax
kstvtune.ax
kswdmcap.ax
ksxbar.ax
vidcap.ax

c:\windows\inf

msh263.drv
usb.PNF
usbport.PNF
usbprint.PNF
usbstor.PNF
usbvideo.PNF
usb.inf
usbport.inf
usbprint.inf
usbstor.inf
usbvideo.inf

c:\windows\system32\drivers
ks.sys
usbvideo.sys

With all the above mentioned files in their correct folders, restart the PC, and plug the camera in. The refer to the Control Panal Check above, and see if you see something. If so, then all is well, if not, then i'm not sure what the problem is. Make sure you have got everything I have said correct!

Well I hope this brings much more happiness to all who have Fuji Cameras, and can now use them as Webcams!

Regards!
Trevor