• 08-16-2006, 10:31 PM
    muso
    FREE photo management (and editing) software...
    What free software for photo managing and some editing is BEST?

I found some review here:

http://re.awarded.in/re/photo-editin...re-review.html

What you think about it and what soft use you for photo managing?

p.s. I tested Picasa (:thumbsup:) and iView (:mad2: )...
  • 08-23-2006, 09:12 PM
    muso
    Re: FREE photo management (and editing) software...
    I liked Picasa for managing and some editing, but for advanced editing I search additional editor and better free... :D

What is better?
  • 09-19-2006, 04:49 AM
    muso
    some ideas???
  • 09-19-2006, 11:40 PM
    Photo-John
    As far as free goes, Picasa is still as good as it gets. Since Google is essentially subsidizing it, it's not really free. We just don't have to pay for it.

For editing, a lot of people like the Gimp. I haven't tried it. But people who've used it seem to think it's great.

I am a huge fan of Pixmantec's RawShooter, and there is a free version. However, it's only good for RAW files and Adobe bought the company and no longer offers support for new cameras. So I am out of luck using it to convert RAW images from my new EOS Digital Rebel XTi / 400D.
  • 10-17-2006, 01:23 PM
    muso
    I choose Picasa and GIMP, I think is the best choise at the moment...
  • 10-21-2006, 05:28 AM
    muso
    does something better like Picasa and GIMP?
  • 10-21-2006, 08:16 AM
    mwfanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by muso
    does something better like Picasa and GIMP?

Picassa is very good at what it does.

I have tried The Gimp several times. Each version was sort of OK but any cheap $50-$100 editing program runs rings around it. The biggest problem that Gimp (and other free imaging programs) has is that it is written by computer geeks, not visual arts people. Rarely, this will work. Most of the time, the results just aren't good enough, even for free.
  • 11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
    plugsnpixels
    How about Paint.Net (Windows only)? Not bad for a freebie! I'm mainly a Mac user but with the new Intel Macs I can run Windows on Mac hardware seamlessly. And I'm impressed by the various Windows-only goodies such as this app.
  • 03-18-2015, 04:10 PM
    allanj
    I took some time to research and came up with a list of free software programs and online versions that will edit photos for free. See this site I built to summarize those. I hope you find this helpful.

freephotoediting.org
  • 04-27-2015, 02:35 PM
    nemanjad
    Have you guys heard about mainfraim they are doing cloud software I think there is Photoshop and some other programs in their Software list.

Any way they run programs in browser and you can basicly rent machine with CPU and RAM that you need to run for some big processing..

There should be public beta test that is free