Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Looking for a new monitor

So I've decided to move up to an IPS monitor. I started out looking at the cheap LG ones like the 23ea63v-p and 24ea53v-p for around $200. I started thinking maybe I should move up to Dell since I've always heard good things about their Ultrasharp series IPS monitors. I'm kind of undecided there though. I could get their U2412M which is slightly larger resolution than the LG's due to being 16:10 instead of 16:9 format, but then I started looking at the U2413. I know it's a lot more (about 35-40% more $$$) but it goes from 16.x million colors of the 2412 and the LG's to 1.x billion due to supporting a wider gamut including the Adobe color space.

I know I would have to calibrate it for it to be useful, not an issue I have a Spyder 3, but I'm wondering if it would even be useful to me. I don't print anything myself. I only do amateur editing in Lightroom 4 which I know internally uses a different color profile than sRGB or Adobe, and of course if I send anything out to be printed they will probably want it in sRGB and of course anything uploaded to the web needs to be sRGB. So would the expanded color range even be of use to me? What do you guys think? Go for one of the LG's, go for a Dell, or something else? If the Dell, which one?

Re: Looking for a new monitor

Anyone have any advice?

Re: Looking for a new monitor

For questions about the display screen, please refer to https://www.allicdata.com/blog.html
    I hope I can help you.

Thread Information