Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Epson 3800 and 3880

I'm wondering if anyone has seen th differences between the Vivid magenta inkset used in the 3880 and the original K3 inkset used in the 3800.
    I'm looking to upgrade from my 2400, which uses the K3 inkset to the larger format. The 3800 is going for rather cheap these days. (Epson actually offered one with free shipping for about 900.00) The 3800 uses the same inkset as what I'm using now and i don't have any issues with it but there certainly is room for improvement.
    The newer 3880 uses the K3 inkset with the "vivid magenta" which is supposed to produce more vibrant blues and purples. this unit goes for about 1300.00
    Is the difference in inksets very subtle or is it something worth spending more on?
    I'll look into getting samples of each from Epson, but was hoping from some real world experience out there if anyone is familiar with them.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Re: Epson 3800 and 3880

Sorry can help but but I´m certain of one thing...since I moved from Epson to HP I have been happier since. I may suggest that if you are going to upgrade take a peek to some HP products...might be worth it ;)

Thread Information