Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

computer/negative scanner questions

I am looking to buy a new computer. My old computer is outdated and not very good. I think i am the only one without a Flat pannel computer monitor.

I am looking for some suggestions on purchasing a new computer. I will mostly use it for my pictures and for school. I will be going back to school next semester. I also want to purchase a negative scanner. What should I be looking for and what should I stay away from when it comes to both? I don't want to break the bank trying to buy a computer but I don't mind a scanner being a bit expensive, if it's worth it. I want a regular desktop. Is it worthless to get a nice scanner and a cheaper desktop?

Any suggestions on what I should look for or where I should go for help on this?

Thanks,

Marco Arreguin.
    Marco Arreguin

All critique/advice welcome.
    Growing every day.

Re: computer/negative scanner questions

For a scanner I use and Epson V500. It does a wonderful job scanning negatives and even does medium format. I think you can pick one up for about $125.00.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information