• 12-02-2005, 09:43 AM
    niteschaos
    Can anyone direct me to a good online tutorial for photostitching in Photoshop?
    I have access to Windows machine with PS 7.0 on it, but PS isn't the easiest program to learn to use without a manual.

Can someone post a link with a step by step method of how to photostitch pictures in photoshop?
  • 12-06-2005, 07:06 AM
    Norfindel
    Re: Can anyone direct me to a good online tutorial for photostitching in Photoshop?
    I haven't really do much stitching yet, but i tested photoshop cs2 vs the canon photostitch, which came with my camera, and was surprised with the result! The canon soft made a perfect joining, while photoshop wasn't as good. Maybe photoshop gets better with more pictures, i was using only 5 to test the programs abilities.
    I liked the fact that the canon soft asked for the 35mm equivalent focal distance of the lens used to shoot the pictures, that surely helps to compute a better stitching.
    I think the process will be simple with any soft. Just select the images you want to use, arrange them in the correct order, and tell the program to start computing. Canon Photostitch also asked the 35mm equivalent focal distance of the lens, and the method used to take the picture (in my case: rotating the camera).
  • 12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
    niteschaos
    Re: Can anyone direct me to a good online tutorial for photostitching in Photoshop?
    for automatic stitching, I've found that Autostitch, a tiny little program, does better than the Canon supplied software for the pictures I've used it for. I suggest everyone try it. I just wanted to see how it could be done manually.