• 07-01-2009, 04:32 PM
    nudibranches
    Calibration issue with Spyder 3 - red channel blows out
    I am having a few problems with calibrating my LG 2252 monitor with Spyder 3.

I had it calibrated fine, but then restored factory settings and attempted to recalibrate....why did I do this? I'm still asking myself that same question. :rolleyes:

The problem is now when when I attempt to get the RGB channels aligned and below .50 in the inital calibration sequence RED blows right out and no adjustments I make gets RED GREEN and BLUE back into the target range.

When I calibrated it previously, I simply increased the GREEN slider by +1, updated and they all came in nicely level and under .50.

But as mentioned, no amount of subtle tweaking helps. I continue to re-adjust the RGB sliders and update the Spyder but the red channel shoots through the roof while GREEN and BLUE drop to the floor.

Just wondering if anyone here has encountered a similar problem and can suggest a fix.

Many thanks,
  • 07-08-2009, 12:40 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: Calibration issue with Spyder 3 - red channel blows out
    Does the red actually look blown out on your monitor? If it does, then maybe there's a problem with your monitor control. If the red looks ok, then I think the problem might be with your Spyder 3.