Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

A good, modest photo printer

I haven't posted here in over a year. I am looking for advice on a nice, modest photo printer. I have an Epson Stylus R1800, can get it printing. I need to occasionally print decent quality 4x6 or 5x7 prints for civic and church events. If I ever figure out the lacking drivers for my Epson I'll use it. If there are any recommendations, and I know this is probably a topic that recurs, so I'll plead guilty, Thanks for any suggestions

Canon 40D
    Canon 20D
    Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L IS

Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS
    Canon EF 85 f1.8
    Canon EF 1.4x II
    Canon Speedlight 430EX
    Manfrotto 679B

Re: A good, modest photo printer

If all you plan on doing is printing pictures and text, and do not want a All-in-one printer I would go with the HP Photosmart D7560 Inkjet printer. The photo quality was rated as excellent. 4x6 photo takes 1.5 min to print. Cost is .35 per 4x6 photo to print. For text it will print about 7 pages per minute. The suggested retail is $150.00.

Have you tried going to Epson's website and downloading a new driver and updates for your printer? If you haven't you might want to try that first. The link for the update is the link below.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...dows&x=24&y=14

Good luck
    Darin
    "There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but only one view"
    "You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus".
    "Whenever man comes up with a better mousetrap, nature immediately comes up with a better mouse."

Second Vote For HP

I'll second the HP vote. I've had a couple of Epson printers and they both ended up being big, expensive doorstops. I got an HP Photosmart 7960 a few years ago and it's been rock solid. The print quality is excellent and it's been totally reliable. Based on my experience with that printer, when I needed an all-in-one office printer, I bought an HP.

There is one downside with HP - totally messy and intrusive software. I hate their software. But in the end, it's a small price to pay for a solid, high-quality printer you can count on.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information