Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: Apple or PC

Apple or PC

I am slowly getting more into digital photography and I will take a few digital darkroom classes as well as general photo composition and technical classes.

My Question is concerning digital darkroom and software.

Is an Apple or PC the best solution for editing photos and managing your photo inventory?

What software is best for the digital darkroom (Adobe Photoshop, or ???)

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Apple or PC

Is an Apple or PC the best solution for editing photos and managing your photo inventory?
    Yes
    What works best is the one you understand and use most efficiently.

What software is best for the digital darkroom (Adobe Photoshop, or ???)
    I like the simplicity and integration of Lightroom for the PC, Aperture for the Mac is similar.

Most people won't use anything like the full features of Photoshop Creative Suite.
    So you can start out with cheaper software like Elements, Paint Shop Pro, and then when you're ready to use more features, upgrade.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Apple or PC

My thoughts are much the same as Pauls. I had a PC and switched to a Mac. I LOVE IT !!!! But I lost alot of programs because of the switch. I am slowly getting what I want for my Mac, but I have to spend a little. I know that I can partitian my hard drive and use windows, but that is what I wanted to get away from. But I know some who have switched from Mac to PC because it is what worked best for them.

As far as software, I use CS3, but miss Photoshop Elements. I don't use all of CS so I should have gotten elements and could use it easier. This is just my style.

Bottom line, get what will work for you now and in the future (look 2-3 years down the road).

Just my .02.....

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Thread Information