Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: Adobe Pricing

Adobe Pricing

hi all

I went to buy Photoshop Elements there, and initially it took me to the US site where the cost for download is 99 Dollars. Then it would not let me enter an Irish address so I changed to the Irish store and it is now costing me 103 Euro !! Total rip off!! Has anyone else been able to come up with a solution so that you are not ripped off with the online price? Going with the exchange rate at the moment then this should be between 60 and 75 euro.

I realise that it is probably futile complaining to adobe - just wondered if anyone had managed to not be ripped off.

Cheers
    J.

Re: Adobe Pricing

Yes but you forget the 20% VAT which is charged in Ireland. I have to pay that even if I live in the UK, VAT is only 17.5% in the UK. So being in Europe still rips you off.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

I guess, pisses you off though. thankfully a friend brought me over a new flash gun from US for my nikon and with the exchange rate and the difference in prices i got it for less than half the cost in ireland...thats really shocking! I guess I will have to bite the bullet on the software one though

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Welcome to the site. Have you looked into student discounts for Adobe software? Here in the states, you can save a lot of $ by purchasing with a student discount. My wife, who is in college, purchased Photoshop CS3 Extended for me for about $180 US. Do they offer these types of discounts in Ireland? You can save some money if you know a student. Just a thought.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaggie
    a friend brought me over a new flash gun from US for my nikon and with the exchange rate and the difference in prices i got it for less than half the cost in ireland...
    Well if they can do that with a flashgun, they can do it with software.
    Software doesn't even need to be physically there !
    Make a ISO image, keep that on the laptop hard disk.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

I got that beat... My son-in-law works for Adobe!
    tink ewe belly mooch

I invite your casual attention to my family Photo Site

Thread Information