Zoo Photo

Printable View

• 02-12-2004, 04:09 PM
    JDub
    1 Attachment(s)
    Zoo Photo
    I stumbled upon this gorgeous creature in the zoo the other day and took several shots. I'd like to hear your input about the composition of the photo and thoughts on cropping.
  • 02-12-2004, 08:19 PM
    Lava Lamp
    Beautiful animal. The compostiion is okay, but it could be more dynamic. It looks a little washed out - I'd adjust the contrast if you have an image editor with that capability.
  • 02-12-2004, 11:50 PM
    Peter_AUS
    You can do a lot with this image using Photoshop
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JDub
    I stumbled upon this gorgeous creature in the zoo the other day and took several shots. I'd like to hear your input about the composition of the photo and thoughts on cropping.

Need to do some adjustments in curves, with the eye droppers and also do some burning with the darken tool on the coat to bring back the colours.

Have a play around with it in Photoshop if you have it.
  • 02-13-2004, 01:47 AM
    gahspidy
    I like this shot. You caught this animal in a relaxed and tranquil moment. Only critique I have is enhance it a bit in digital darkroom todeal with the slightly washed out look, and maybe crop a bit on top, bottom and right to bring the animal up a little closer . there is plenty of background there for a little cropping although none of it is distracting. Just to focus a bit more on the animal.( I think this might be a cheetah) Do you have any info on lens and camera settings?
  • 02-13-2004, 09:21 AM
    JDub
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy
    I like this shot. You caught this animal in a relaxed and tranquil moment. Only critique I have is enhance it a bit in digital darkroom todeal with the slightly washed out look, and maybe crop a bit on top, bottom and right to bring the animal up a little closer . there is plenty of background there for a little cropping although none of it is distracting. Just to focus a bit more on the animal.( I think this might be a cheetah) Do you have any info on lens and camera settings?

Good suggestions by all, I will take the suggestions and give them a try.

Taken with a Canon S40 with the following settings
    shutter speed 1/250
    aperature F/5
    Focal Length 21mm
  • 02-13-2004, 09:31 AM
    bobbythebandit
    I agree with all the suggestions above.Nice shot.
    Bobby
  • 02-13-2004, 01:23 PM
    JDub
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JDub
    Good suggestions by all, I will take the suggestions and give them a try.

Taken with a Canon S40 with the following settings
    shutter speed 1/250
    aperature F/5
    Focal Length 21mm

I took a little break from work and tossed together a first pass. This crappy monitor at work is hard to do graphics on, but I thought I'd take a shot at it.

Thank you all for your suggestions, they are very helpful.
  • 02-19-2004, 11:41 PM
    gahspidy
    Yes , it looks much better, IMO. Really a nice looking photo to print out and frame.