Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Julia 2

GB1

Julia 2

Julia's getting some good feedback, so how is this shot? Taken the same day.

(not too bad I think, but wish it all came together even better: her, pose, background, lighting...)

Name:  DSC_0890_Edit1_2_1200.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  252.5 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Julia 2

Gorgeous model

I like the light from her waist to her head
    also the position of her arms

WB seems a bit cool ? look at her eyes and teeth a bit blue

maybe because of the focal length her body looks longer than her legs, or maybe because she is bending the legs

I may have turned the camera 45 degrees to the left, zoom in and capture her upper body

I have to agree with Armando. I also think the background needs to be darkened. Just something about the lighting is just off.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

The reflections are throwing me off. How do they connect to the figure? There is also something odd about the framing of the figure in the pool structure, maybe move her down into the more tan block and let the outer (whiter) edge frame her?

It is so almost there though, I must say.

GB1

Thanks for commenting all.

Armando, this color balance here was very hard to get right (!) Try it yourself if you have the time, but I had a hard time keeping the blue blue and her warm. Don't think the upper body crop would work from this angle, but I did try a few standing over top of her that may be what you suggest .. I will try color balancing ( ) and posting it.

Greg, I already darkened the background once, but maybe I can do it a little more and see what happens...

Arne, good point! The reflections have nothing to do with her, and I think that hurts the image. If they only had a cityscape reflection, or a beach, or ? And yes, the geometry is tricky! I will try your suggestion to clip off some of the water and see what happens.

She's a good model BTW folks ... very easy to shoot.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Congrats on feature GB, sorry I can't offer anything constructive on this as model photography is really not my thing, maybe one day.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Thread Information