Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Yellow Jacket color or B&W

It's been awhile since I have posted here. Which do you prefer? I like the color edit all but the green truck. I have a mind to make it black, thoughts????

The Yellow Jacket, color edit by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

The Yellow Jacket by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: The Yellow Jacket color or B&W

Awesome...

Greg, to me this scene is more about light and shadows and therefore the b&w works better

GB1

Greg - I'm more drawn to the color, but want some of that bottom parking lot cropped off. No idea on the black truck. To me, the sign saying "Yellow" demands some color: otherwise, it's a letdown.

The black and white's OK too, but it needs some type of filter/effect to give it some oopmf. Maybe you can add some grain? Too bad there isn't a person or two in an old outfit walking there, but the newish truck wouldn't quite mesh with that anyhow I think.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

B & W looks nice!
    Whenever you have a problem, just sing your favourite song!
    You will realize that your voice is far worse than your problem!
    TRUE STORY !!!

B is better

I really like the photo. B&W definitely and crop out as much of the parking lot as you can. Just my 2 cents worth.

Phil
    Sony A77 and A700, Lots of old Minolta lenses, some Sigma lenses.

Hi Greg,

I would go for colour in this photo and even lighten up the truck a touch to make the green stand out a bit more. Green and Yellow terrific combination!

I would have cropped to the first white lane marking to emphasize the restaurant and the truck and possibly added at touch of saturation to the yellow under the roof.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Even thought I am a b/w fanatic, I think the color works best here. I would crop in closer and try to do a reshoot with the counter person resting on elbows with hands hanging out the order window. An old farm truck would be a nice addition to a reshoot.

Greg, I prefer color. This question re: b/w or color brings back a memory from 1955 Ft. Knox KY.
    All the "troops" were sitting in the bleachers for a "familiarization class" on hand grenades. The Major was standing up front and said something to the effect as to how terrible war is, then he threw a red smoke grenade to the left, and said so make war more ????? and threw a blue grenade to the right. For his finish he threw a vivid yellow one in front of the bleachers.
    Wish I had a pano of the scene, there would be no question re: b/w
    I have been "off line" here for a while but I remembered you from a couple of years back. You have brightened my day from time to time with your photos. Keep on, keeping on. Norris
    Plant a tree, help it grow. Children need something to climb.
    Critique any picture; any where; any time.

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    cty dso viet nam chuyên digital marketing,thiết kế web, ứng dụng di động uy tính nhất Việt Nam
    Địa Chỉ: 250/20 Vườn Lài, Phú Thọ Hoà, Tân Phú, HCM

Thank you. This article is so helpful
    Việt thương music là nhà phân phối chính hăng đàn organ Casio, đàn organ roland với chế độ bảo hành từ 1-2 năm.

thanks for your reply

Thread Information