Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Yellow Ice

Yellow Ice

This is another attempt at a theme I tried earlier this week. We had similar conditions this morning. This image was taken at about 7:15 am this morning. I hope that some of the issues with the post from earlier were addressed. Hand held 1/50 f5 at ISO 200 Macro mode on Fuji Finepix S602Z. In jeans this morning so I could lay on the ground with camera pressed to the forehead and elbows firmly press to ground.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yellow Ice-yellow-ice.jpg  

I like the frost on the petals, but something is just not working here, for me. I'm thinking that this flower does not have such a great profile and a frontal shot might have been better or perhaps better light hitting the subject and creating more interest. ("Hand held 1/50 f5 at ISO 200 Macro mode on Fuji Finepix S602Z. In jeans this morning so I could lay on the ground with camera pressed to the forehead and elbows firmly press to ground.") -------- I like your enthusiasm and dedication. . . . . .keep them coming
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Spring must be coming - we're a ways behind you up here though! Great subject, it's not something that happens every day. The thing is, the flower doesn't really "pop" out of the background. A little off-camera flash, or waiting until it's in the sun, or cutting it (maybe you don't want to do that!) and putting it in the sun might help it.

Beautiful...

...not much else to say about that shot. Nice work!
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thread Information