Yellow Ice

Printable View

• 03-13-2004, 07:50 AM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Yellow Ice
    This is another attempt at a theme I tried earlier this week. We had similar conditions this morning. This image was taken at about 7:15 am this morning. I hope that some of the issues with the post from earlier were addressed. Hand held 1/50 f5 at ISO 200 Macro mode on Fuji Finepix S602Z. In jeans this morning so I could lay on the ground with camera pressed to the forehead and elbows firmly press to ground.
  • 03-14-2004, 10:30 AM
    gahspidy
    I like the frost on the petals, but something is just not working here, for me. I'm thinking that this flower does not have such a great profile and a frontal shot might have been better or perhaps better light hitting the subject and creating more interest. ("Hand held 1/50 f5 at ISO 200 Macro mode on Fuji Finepix S602Z. In jeans this morning so I could lay on the ground with camera pressed to the forehead and elbows firmly press to ground.") -------- I like your enthusiasm and dedication. . . . . .keep them coming
  • 03-14-2004, 11:08 AM
    another view
    Spring must be coming - we're a ways behind you up here though! Great subject, it's not something that happens every day. The thing is, the flower doesn't really "pop" out of the background. A little off-camera flash, or waiting until it's in the sun, or cutting it (maybe you don't want to do that!) and putting it in the sun might help it.
  • 03-14-2004, 11:19 AM
    PuckJunkey
    Beautiful...
    ...not much else to say about that shot. Nice work!