Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Ye Olde Alley

Ye Olde Alley

I took this picture while on vacation in Quebec City in Place Royale in lower town. I added a dry brush technique in PS and cropper slightly. Feedback is wanted

Photos are memories that last a lifetime.

Seb

Re: Ye Olde Alley

Quote Originally Posted by Morning's_Glory
    I took this picture while on vacation in Quebec City in Place Royale in lower town. I added a dry brush technique in PS and cropper slightly. Feedback is wanted
    Hello,

I am trying to figure out if I like the muted colors of the foreground or not (the contrast is strong betwen the vibrant colors of the sunlit background and the foreground...). Other than that, I like your picture. The composition is good and I like how you captured fine details on the stone walls. I haven't visited Quebec City so oftenly but I enjoy the old area.

Just out of curiosity, what is that brush technique you are reffering at??

regards

Seb

An interesting shot, I like having the pidgeon there.
    On my monitor the imiage is quite green and seems better with a color correction to warm it up a bit. I think this still leaves a wash of cool skylight across the pavement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A good composition. I agree there is a greenish cast muting the foreground and Chunks adjustment makes a huge improvement. The pidgeon is a plus in the image.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information