Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Witchcraft

GB1

Witchcraft

Ideas on making this better and/or more realistic?

Thanks,

G

Name:  DSC_8108_Edit1_Post_1000.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  184.4 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Witchcraft

Are you trying to make it like a crystal ball? If you are doing a composite, you should probably use an actual photo of a crystal ball (or whatever). That graphic ball just doesn't work IMO.
    Once you have the composite part looking better I'd also darken the background, and maybe darken her too. Witchcraft brings darkness to my mind and that scene is just too bright to evoke that for me.

the position of the hand holding the ball doesn't work, as it is she may be holding a sheet of paper, not a ball

also why not put it on a table?

I like the way the light appears to be coming from the ball. However the ball looks almost 2-dimensional not a sphere. More tension/drama in the left hand would make it more "witchy".

GB1

Yes, I agree Matt, though it's possible to create one graphically if you do it right, the crystal ball needs to be real and composited in here.

Armando, she was holding my flash (triggered by my D700), so it was close to a rounded shape. True they're usually on a table, but why not holding, people hold smart phones

Ptex, more tension/drama in the hand, ... do you mean the open hand? Already seems animated, it's a little silly all around.

gb

My Site

I think, crystal ball must have blue/red color flash and yes, darken up photo a little bit

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker View Post
    I think, crystal ball must have blue/red color flash and yes, darken up photo a little bit
    Thanks Luke, I need to find a real crystal ball sometime in a shop here, use it for source material for shoots like this. Then I can put some mood into the background..

GB

My Site

Thread Information