Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

Tribute to Skyy Vodka -- Pineapple

My version of the excellent Skyy Vodka ads; Pineapple to be precise. (See Skyy's version here: http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps42467846.jpg).

I actually shot this back in August 2010. A gal at work agreed to model it. The super hard part was really the bottle, as Skyy's uses a pseudo bottles that looks more 'graphical' than real. I decided not to even go there after seeing how much work that would be, ended up shooting my bottle in one of those Quantaray $100 mini-portable studios (looks like a box). After some but not an extreme amount of clean-up later, it was usable.

It wasn't intended to exactly copy Skyy's ... I saw early into the re-creation that it was better to adjust it a bit and let it be itself.

Comments?

Maybe designing my own scenes is next...

gb

Name:  DSC_7282_Edit1_3_Small_Cropped1_800.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  164.2 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Tribute to Skyy Vodka -- Pineapple

Could possibly do some dodge and burn so the veins on the hand don't stand out so much, and the bottle a fraction closer to the pineapple, other than that not a bad effort Greg.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

I like the shot, not a fan of the green background though.

GB1

Thanks for commenting fellows. As mentioned this one's been in editing for quite some time, and I'm learning a lot along the way.

Pete, the original was supposed to be slightly creepy (the original's hand looks like a spider crawling down the fruit). Give that, maybe the veins should stay. I did do an experiment to remove them however - it looked somewhat convincing but became sort of plain. Maybe that's good, maybe not .. will think on it. Anyway, here's a slightly modified version with the bottle intersecting the fruit just a bit.

Funky, that's interesting that you don't like the green; I've always been a woods person, so guess green is one of my favorite colors. I tried a different color for an expt though, and it looked crazy Plus it's just a recreation, but maybe I'll invent my own scenes soon and play with my own color schemes.

G

Tribute to Skyy Vodka -- Pineapple-dsc_7282_edit1_3_small_cropped1_2_800.jpg
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information