Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Don't throw stones

Llanelli (Wales) re-development
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't throw stones-img_0458-levels-saturation-640.jpg  
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Re: Don't throw stones

Beautiful complex! I love the different textures of the glass and the siding . That truly must be a beautiful place to work/live!

Jared

Roger, what an interesting piece of Architecture. But your teasing me here with the glimpse of the beautiful landscape in Wales! I like this structure, but what I find interesting is the location it seems to be mounted on. I think I would like to see this shot from a wider view or further back so that I can see where this building is sitting. Seems to me this modern , creative building would look incredible with the landscape behind it. Also, it does not seem right that the top of the building is cut off. I like it still as is.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Hi the place is currently being re-developed and going wider would have brought in a load of construction. However when I moved to a different vantage to get the sea and the beach into the photo I lost all the framing with the posts and they broke up the photo - that is through the lens.

Next time I'm there in March I will re-shoot the building.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thread Information